Morgellons Disease????

Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone think they have it?

I have been inflicted with skin lesions for years. I always wrote it off as insect bites, etc. and when they would get worse, my sister would yell at me about "picking", which I did not. For many years now, I have found transparent, white or black fibers in my skin that I could easily pull out with my finger nails. These fibers have always been found in the skin lesions. I recently developed 5 lesions (two on my stomach, one on my breast, one on my wrist, and one on my upper thigh). All of the lesions resembled spider bites. However, the fibers do not always create lesions. I never told anyone about the fibers I would find in my skin. Just yesterday, my sister saw a television special about a CDC investgation into a disease referred to as the "fiber disease". She said that the lesions on the people were similar to my spider bites and told me of the fibers they had found. I confessed that I too had fibers in my skin. When I tried to do some research, I became a bit worried as there were people claiming to have "died" from such a disease. Some symptons included fatigue, arthritis and changes in vision (all of which I have had, but can easily attribute to other things). I'm just looking for more information and would appreciate anything someone else can offer.

This is a fairly 'new' disease and as S2S said many doctors are still skeptical to it's validity and research is still being done so I would definitely see your doctor and if you don't get the support and validation that you need consider seeking another opinion.

Have you seen your MD for the lesions before? What did they say?

This is a fairly 'new' disease and as S2S said many doctors are still skeptical to it's validity and research is still being done so I would definitely see your doctor and if you don't get the support and validation that you need consider seeking another opinion.

Have you seen your MD for the lesions before? What did they say?

I have never gone to the doc for the lesions before. I always just thought they were bites or something of the like. Many years ago, I saw a dermotoligist for a rash on my hands (sort of like tiny little water blisters) and was completely tested for allergies (all negative). I am very careful about the soaps and shampoo, etc. that I use. I make sure that nothing has a scent, etc. I have very careful with my skin. The lesions just sort of randomly pop up and take weeks to heal.

Well there are lots of things that can cause lesions besides allergies, so I'd definitely go back for another appt.

I would also bring some information on Morgellons as S2S I think said some doctors don't even really know about it.

But do have them looked at, esp. if you have so many active ones right now.

Archived