Mistake, friendly or truthfrull I love you?

Jonboy582

Hey was on the phone to my ex we agreed to stay good friends when we broke up about a month ago. And when we finished the conversation she said I love you very quickly then hung up (she was in a rush to get dinner as it was served).

A few things that might help.

1. She is not the kind of person to say I love you to friends

2. She said a week before we broke up she does not know if she is in love with me

3. After we broke up she said she did love me but we could not carry on as we were (not seeing each other and her shouting at me for nothing)

4. We were together for 2 years and I could see myself spending the rest of my life with her at the time

I hope she said it in a friendly way or slip of the tong as I already have a new girlfriend. I know its very soon but its like I fell on my feet as she is a really great girl and I got very lucky.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Jon

Let me ask this question:

Did she start seeing someone (yet)?

I ask because it seems that her spontaneous "I love you." followed by a speedy "exit stage left.." was one of two things (in my opinion):

1. She doesn't want you to be (happy) with someone else (yet), so will throw salt into your game - like marbles while running a race - to knock you off balance. or:

2. She realizes that after losing you, she does really love you. Or think that she does until you are back in her life (again). Then it's back to where you left off...breaking up again.

Time will tell and in time, he may defend herself from that statement and you will then understand why. Until that day comes, enjoy your new mate and focus on making each other happy.

I hope that this helps.

Well she does not know about this other girl yet (I don't think), she deserves to know so going to tell her some time this week.

Even though I still have feelings for her I would not go back with her I don't want to * * * * this other girl around and I really like this other girl too.

I guess I will ignore it and hope it does not happen again.

Well she does not know about this other girl yet (I don't think), she deserves to know so going to tell her some time this week.

===========

Ok. Here is where you have a chance of falling short by volunteering information. I would wait for fate - you know: "the word on the street" (where it is first rumored then reality?) and let her hear it from her girlfirends and watch/listen for her reaction. Why do you think that she deserves to know (anything)? You are not together...!

Obviously if she has not made any contact with you or asked (if she has called) about your "current status." you will eliminate the chance to give her a reason to feel like she may not be afforded a second chance with you? If you really want her to want you, back off.

Maybe this may not be the best advice, action or option for you, and everyone may not agree, but let time fix this one, and be/remain silent, ok?

What sevice are you providing to her or your current by telling? Whose feelings are you protecting?

Say to yourself:

I am just one man with one voice and several options in life. I will pick one at a time, dance with it and live like there is no tomorrow.

ONE.

Archived