What do I have?

Ok, I have been wondering this for quite a few years now and have simply not gotten around to looking it up. It is nothing life changing or anything like that, more like something that is just annoying. I am not sure how to describe it. It is like I have trouble seperating things that I look at out from each other when I am looking for something specific. To give an example, lets say you are shopping and looking for a certain brand of something in a grocery aisle. It is like I see all the brands on the shelf as a whole and can't make my eyes separate out individual things, I can only see everything as a "whole", not individual things. I mean, this is not a constant or horrible problem for me. I have learned to deal with it and disguise it so that noone can notice, and for everyday things that I do often it is not an issue because I know where stuff is from memory. I am just wondering, is this a form of dislexia that you rarely see? My eyes are not bad, I have good eye sight, it is just seperating one thing from another in a big group of things that I can't do. Anything, anyone? Thnx.

Archived