What if she doesn't like me back?

What happens if I like a girl, but I'm pretty sure that she doesn't "like" me back? I get along with the girl fine, but after trying to force myself to face the reality of the situation, I cannot get her out of my mind. Since I'm in school, its harder to avoid her than at work. What should I tell her? I'm not real "buddies" with her, but I "get along" with her. Plese feel free to tell about your experiences with this situation, as well as tell me what's the best way to deal with this. Thanks.

P.S. I don't feel I need to ask her out now or anything, since I think its pretty definate that she only likes me as a friend. The mixed signals she gives me are driving me to the boiling point!

I agree with Vash.

Dont assume nothing, go for it, if all she wants is friendship then you will still have that.

in reality I bet your just using this "I think its definate she only want me as a friend" thing as an excuse for not giving it a shot.

Be confident, if she likes you, you win, if she rejects you, you lose nothing. and in a way you win also, because now you know you can go after that other girl that sits next to her, get my drift?

I have to agree - worst case is you get yourself out of limbo with that bit of doubt and can move on, best case is you're reading her wrong and she may be interested after all - but you won't find out if you don't ask. Even if you have to hear she likes you as a friend, might get that push you need to get your mind out of it's track and start looking around you again.