This will probably seem a little strange

But has anyone got any tips on how to cope with boredom or being on your own? I feel like a small child sometimes,constantly craving excitement and throwing tantrums when bored or alone. Except its a more adult version now,i start to think horrible things about my life and i make up all kinds of different nasty scenarios in my head and end up upset.

It happened the other night actually,i just cant seem to cope with being at home alone or being bored.I suppose i could say that i basically hate to be left alone with my own mind,it seems to take over,its like its bullying me.Im fine when i am with friends or my boyfriend but when they are not there suddenly my whole life seems to have changed from great to a complete disaster in the short time that i have not been occupied enough to stop thinking about it.

Does this make sense to anyone? If so does anyone have any tips as to how to overcome this?There are going to be many times in life where i have to be on my own for a while,or slightly bored so i need to deal with it. There is only so much i can do to try and keep my mind off things and i still find it wandering into nasty thoughts again.

Please help if you can

I have found that boredom goes away with education. How old are you? If you are a high schooler or older, you should replace your moments of boredom with future planning. You have such a big life ahead of you.

What career do you want?

Where do you want to travel?

In other words, start making future plans for yourself so your alone time is used for great things.. like your future.