what do I say in the first e-mail?

I just met a reporter today. After she left my p.r. director let her know I was interested in 'contacting' her. She said yeah fine, and gave my P.R. director her e-mail as well as (work) phone #. I am told that it was made pretty clear this wasn't a professional thing. My question now is. . . wow what do I say!

"you looked so good today, I know you're educated and have a good job, let's make babies?" Just kidding... I could really use some input though, that'd be nice. should I say,

Hi its me. . . did you always live here? where'd you go to school? how long you worked at the paper?

One thing I do know is to take a little extra time to check spelling, puntuation, and grammer when writing a reporter!

thanks all

Hi There !

What do you want to say to her? Do you want to ask her to go out with you for a meal or something? I guess so - and I would suggest that you come straight out and ask her to meet up with you for lunch or dinner. Whatever you consider appropriate to request.

You can play word games for a while, but she sounds interested, and I don't think you need to play around. Go straight for it - and be as honest as it seems she is being !

Hope this helps you some,

Just call and let things roll. Be honest, funny, awkward, it's all cool. She obviously digs you. Make sure you have a master plan for the call. For example, know that at the end of the call you will have asked her out for lunch. So, if/when things get quiet or awkward, ask her out for lunch.. wrap up the call.. and pat yourself on the back.

Good job by the way. Time to step up to the plate! Have fun!

From your post you say that she gave her work number and email to your superior at work, right? How do you know she's interested in you more than work? When it comes to mutual attraction on the job site, you want to be extra careful.

If indeed she's interested in you, i'd call her work phone, because you can tell her immediate reaction if she feels the same way as you do. Email can be written by a professional gamer, and she can find a team to interpret what you were trying to say for a few days. Nothing beats a good 'ole phone call. Of course calling her includes the risk of her being busy, but i think you just have to find a good time to call her, and keep your fingers crossed. Hope it helped.

From your post you say that she gave her work number and email to your superior at work, right? How do you know she's interested in you more than work? When it comes to mutual attraction on the job site, you want to be extra careful.

If indeed she's interested in you, i'd call her work phone, because you can tell her immediate reaction if she feels the same way as you do. Email can be written by a professional gamer, and she can find a team to interpret what you were trying to say for a few days. Nothing beats a good 'ole phone call. Of course calling her includes the risk of her being busy, but i think you just have to find a good time to call her, and keep your fingers crossed. Hope it helped.

well the reason I think I know it she's more interested than just work is my friend made it clear to her I wanted to contact her for personal, not professional reasons. And, BTW it wouldn't be dating in the workplace. This reporter came to do a story on some things relating to my work. . .

thanks all for the input. I had worried about calling her and having her be busy. Afterall, she is a reporter, and I don't think her job ends at 5pm! I think I'll try later in the day sometime.