How to handle a Habitual Liar

bravegirl04

Hello, I am seeking some advice.

This man and I have only been together for a few months. We are not dating, but sort of act like it. I just got out of a 3 year long distance relationship, where i recently found out that he had another woman, and a 6 month old daughter by her. This new man comes into my life, and has treated me good. About a few weeks into us dating, he tells me one day that he is going to the gym. I heard him on the phone earlier that day, planning to go to the movies with another woman. So while he's gone i send him a text message and asks where he went. he tells me he went to play basketball at the gym. So later on that night, i keep asking him, where did you go? Are you sure you did not go to the movies? He tells me, "no i did not go, you need to trust me, i wouldnt do anything to hurt you." My girlfriend, (the one that inroduced us) asks him the same question, if he went. He told her no too. So i decided to let it go, maybe he really didnt go to the movies. A couple of days later, i find out unexpectedly, that he really did go to the movies. So i confronted him about it. I told him "wheither or not you choose to tell me the truth, it really doesnt matter, because i have already confirmed you went to the movies'. Now please believe, i am not upset he went to the movies, because we are not dating, i am just upset he lied to me about it.

Thats just one story. There have been many times where he has lied to me. I feel it's getting to the point where he is believing his own lies. Just yesterday, he lied about a situation, that made someone mad at me, just to cover himself up and make him look good.

So my question is, what do i do? He is a very good man and has a lot of potentional, but has already proven that he cannot be trusted. And as many times as we have discussed this, he never changes his ways.

without trust you will never have anything . You need to forget all about this man and find somebody else . If he can lie to you [which is a big no-no] then he can do other things , Like what if you two did make it official , If he can lie to you , then he could probably cheat on you . And thats something you dont need ...Why would you even want to still talk to somebody who didnt tell the truth..Get out of the situation fast hun !

I agree with everyone above...run far away fast!!!! I dated a liar...he didn't tell a lot of lies (well, maybe he did and just got away with it), but he told some BIG ones. It ended up ending our relationships. My mom talked to a therapist about it, and when my mom told her what this guy lied about, the therapist also said I needed to run. So, there you go. Run away. Its just like cheaters...once a liar, always a liar...especially if they rationalize it to the point where they begin believing their own lies and start thinking they arent doing anything wrong...

Archived