What does he mean??

This is from my boyfriend, does this mean it is really over and he is letting me down easy??

Hi. Just wanted to say hello this morning. I was kind of sad last night when you left. I just don't know what to do right now at this point in our relationship. I know that I love you but there are some major issues that we both have that I'm skeptical at times whether or not we will ever move past. I hope that you don't resent me for wanting to take a break for a while to see how we both feel. It has nothing to do with my desire to date other people. I could care less about that. I'm hoping though that it will give some clarity and possibly a new found appreciation to our relationship and not the opposite, however I guess time will tell. I feel like you could use some time as well to figure out if you feel like I'm capable of even giving you what you are looking for in a companion (because of all the complaining on your part, the threats of breaking up, etc.). All I know is that neither one of us seem to be very happy at this point in our relationship and I feel like time to think about things and hopefully find solutions may help. I don't know though. I guess we will see. I'm going to try my best not to call you this week because I want us to really think about things separately. Again, I hope that you don't resent me for wanting to do this. Have a good week. Maybe we should talk again on Sunday? What do you think? Are you going out of town this weekend? Take care.

Love,

Stephen

I really don't think he wants you two to be over. I think he's telling the truth. And teh fact that he said he's going to have to try hard not to call you is a good sign for you. If he still wants to talk, then don't worry, because he obviously stil cares about you and already knows that he will miss you. Don't worry, I think things will be even better when you get back together.[/u]

Bamabelle, How fortunate you are to have a Man who can so eloquently "articulate" his emotional pain and dilemma. I believe his largest problem are primarily YOUR problems... ie: your "complainting" and/or "threats" to break up and what have you. IF you want this Man in your life, be very careful WHAT you say and HOW you say it. Words are every bit as powerful as punches and unlike the punches, take longer to heal... if indeed they do. (THREATS do not a happy relationship make.) Never say anything other than what you really mean, and always bear in mind that your words, in addition to your actions, have consequences. If anger is an issue with you and is behind or at the root of your complaining and threats.... address this issue with 'Anger Management' courses. This guy sounds awesome.... and REASONABLE. Take an 'active' part in healing what's been broken by starting immediately to FIX what appears to be at the foundation - YOU!

This advice was given in love.