Hit a milestone today I think....

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well on their journey toward healing. Just wanted to say realize that you are a great person whether with or without your ex and will continue to do so. I have come a long way since me and the ex split. I have been nc for about 2 months or more i have lost count at this point. I do still think of her at times but nothing that bothers me. I felt like today I really am feeling better. I work with her sister who is a great person and I am still friends with her. I stopped into her office today and saw a pic of her and her sister and it made me feel absolutely nothing. After I was actually surprised and this made me think wow I really am starting to feel better. I hope everyone here who is fresh out of a breakup can realize things do get better and no other human being can make or break us. Here's to healing. Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the great post heynowwww,

All of these inspirational stories about it getting easier with time are what people like myself, and others, who are still clinging to strings, need to read. I'm glad to hear everything is working out for you. Good stuff mate.

Yeah man,

I was in the same position you were at one point. I think eventually you will just get to a point where you say to yourself I deserve to be happy and she does not deserve my time anymore. I am happy with the way I treated her during the relationship and can walk away knowing I did all I could for her. In the long run they will realize this and we wont be there for them. Personally, I will never give my ex the time of day ever again. Good luck to you bro. Keep going one day at a time.

I've lost count too, heynowwww, only because I feel like I don't really have a goal - I will just do it till it feels better! To look at a picture of her and feel nothing is wonderful, it just shows how far you have come from being hurt and now being complacent with seeing her face. It's been an emotional couple of days, but I'm just happy with what I've been doing and reading this makes me so much more hopeful. The more I read and the more support I have from people that happier I am.

And right now I'm very happy for you, as this is just one of those things that make you feel good inside and out - the realization that you really are moving forward.

Thank you for the support sweetheart,

I appreciate it so much. I thought keeping count of the days would just keep me tied to the situation so I figured it best to just not count and of course it is a good sign you have lost track of the days. I like to think the reason we are on this site is because we are the best of what humanity has to offer. we put ourselves out there for the people we care for and unfortunately sometimes we get burned. What it shows us tho is who really is worth putting out hearts on the line for. Someday someone who deserves that will come to us. For now I am 24 and could careless haha. Good luck to you Desiderata, eventually we will all get a chuckle out of our actions eventho sometimes it is hard to see that.

I aim to help and to please, so giving you my support is the least I could do. I don't know how long it's been - a month, more than that, I'm not sure. And for real, I've had so many discussions where it's like "This person is so great, why are they even on this site" and this section in particular. Everyone that I talk to on here - especially everyone in my signature - leave such impressions on me everyday and that is just from talking with them online.

All of the threads I've started turn into ridiculously long threads about just how much we are all willingly to do what we can for everyone and it shows in just being here - wanting to help others and seek support from people who know what they are talking about from experience. I just feel like I am hurting, but this came at a good time - when I can take this school year and make it my own and be happy with the people here that I care about.

I hope that luck works, I can use anything right now. I'm moving along okay, but I think time hates me sometimes, haha.

Yeah Heynowwww,

Nice....

I myself am starting to feel so much better these last couple of days....

I am right there with you. I still think about her throughout the day sometimes.. I honestly have to admit that part of that is because I am on ENA a lot. It's funny, this site has been so healing for me and at the same time kind of keeps me dwelling on her some everyday.. But it is in such a good way because it has helped me see things so much more clearly..

I have no idea how it happened but I am suddenly feeling the light at the end of the tunnel myself and it feels really good... I guess, because like you, I am starting not to "feel" that much for her at all... hmm, how did this happen?

Desderata and Moto, You guys are inspirational and so right on, too....

I think that the people on this site have so many good things ahead for us... some people in the world might think that it is a weakness to have such an open heart and to be so "real" and vulnerable and trusting to those we love... But the fact that we can open ourselves up to others means that one day we will all find that love that we know we are capable of giving to others... Once that is reciprocated it is going to be pretty awesome, I think...

Congrats Heynowwww, keep on keepin' on....

Archived