This Is Important, I Need Lots Of Opinions And Fast

ll Deviant ll

" its not enough for a man to climb mount everest, he has to do it with the least amount of tools"- Terance Howard as Djay in, "Hustle and Flow"

Im just a single individual, with a goal and that goal is to win a literary endowment contest in which the prize is 10,000 dollars. I have a talent for writing poetry, I posted 2 poems on here, maybe some of you will remember if you read them. I believe my poetic talent is good enough to win the contest.

However, I still felt I needed an edge, something to make me stand out from the crowd. So I decided I would use my art skills and I designed a booklet and I put my 30 poems into this booklet with a few images of those who inspired the poems, sounds cool right ?

the next problem was how am I going to get this booklet printed so that it looks nice and as though I invested time, thought, effort, and some money.

The first printing company I found was to amateur to actually complete the job. The second company I found can complete it, but they are charging me 817.77$ to print 10 booklets, which I can barely afford, plus they want to charge me an additional 160$ an hour to make a lay out, which I managed to do my self by stapling sheets of paper together and writing out my list order.

And this is what I am looking to get opinions for, do you think its worth it to spend 817.77$ for a chance to win 10,000$ ?.

This means a lot to me im 21 years old and I haven't really acomplished anything significant and Think this would be a great accomplishment.

As a matter of fact, I plan to use some of the 10,000$ to go to Los Angles,

I have always wanted to go there to even live there and this might be a great opportunity and even if I dont win the money, I didnt give up, I dont plan on giving up but I still need some other peoples opinions so I can know that it wont count as a failure if I have to give up because I cant get all the money in time. so what does anyone think, is it worth it ?

no, this isnt that link removed ripp off thing, although I did fall victim to that before, this isnt something off the internet, its something thats local to where I live. This all has to be submitted by august 31st and I have been working on it since febuary,

I had to write all the poems and find old ones and then design them into a book, then start working with a print company. the first company was only charging 307$ and they were doing ok but when they showed me a sample of what they did it was completely wrong and when I told them what corrections I wanted they stopped responding to me all together and the corrections were simple

yes I looked at the entry form, and it doesnt specify anything really, here is what it says:

"Poetry

most entries will be collections of poems written over a period of time. Single poems will not be accepted in this category unless they are of a length to stand comparison with a collection, i.e. an epic or long narrative poem

the work in each category should be unpublished, though the committee may accept entries from which excerpts or single poems or short stories have been published. Entries should be original and should show awareness of basic requirements of genre. The committee is looking for a distinctive use of voice, a facility with and feeling for language, and an understanding of structure. This does not, however, imply that work should not be experimental or mix generic conventions, or that it should be written to a formula."