My ex boyfriend and I broke up about 3 months ago. Now he and my EX best friend are together. About 2 weeks ago he told me that we would probably get back together sometime, and I am happy for that. Now that he is with my ex best friend, it hurts me to see them do stuff together. I get depressed and cry a lot. He said that he wants to be friends, and I agreed with him. I just want him back so bad, and everytime I try to tell him he says that I am saying that to break him and my ex best friend up. I just want to tell him that I don't want to break him and whoever he is going out with at the moment up, but I don't know how to say it. Can anybody help me here? I have tried talking to a counsulor about my depression and she has helped a little, but I need more reassurance. Thanks

Hey Shadow,

I had a somewhat similar situation happen to me. I was with a girl for about 7 months, and to make a long story short, I was on vacation with some buds and one of their girlfriends called up to tell me that my g/f was 'suddenly' going out with my best friend. I say suddenly cuz she never dumped me or anything, just stopped talking to me and started going out with my best friend. It hurt me quite a bit, and I guess I just accepted it and never talked to them 'til this last year... to find out that they are now engaged. All I can really say is that things happen for a reason, never what you want it to.

Guess all I can really say is let them be... I know it's not what you want, but just tell him how you feel and be 'just' friends. Don't try getting too close, keep your distance and who knows... maybe he'll see how true you are and if they do break up you will be there for him.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk more, I find talking about things to people I don't personnaly know, but want to hear really helps. Hope this all helps you in some way, best of luck!