what's a healthy sex drive?

Krystal_Ivy

I've been on so many anti-depressants now that I forget what I origionally felt like. we don't have "real" sex but we do other stuff and I just feel like mines not high enough. should it be everyday?? or 3 times a week? or what? he's ready to go anytime (of course) but i'm like blah, or too tired or just NOT in the mood. even when I'm not on meds that effect my drive. what's up?

i am on wellbutrin and have never had any problems, but everyone is different... and the dosage and type (XL, SR) can affect you too. so i would talk to your doctor.

i was on paxil years ago and my sex drive simply vanished. it actually freaked both me and my boyf at the time out. i went to the doctor and he put me on something else. i have a few friends who experienced the same thing so even though i am no psychiatrist i would try to avoid paxil if you are having a problem with an AD that is known for its 'low risk of sexual side effects.' good luck.

I'm glad that you are sticking with the same med for a period of time. It's the only way that you will find out if it is working for you or not. As i keep saying, just remember what you are taking it for. Can you live easier with that or with the side effects?

Archived