Throwing In The Towel..when To?

I remain myself and all collapses on its own. My relationships do die quite naturally, I'm very sincere in my dealing with other people so I never had to deliver dramatic unexpected revelations. What to say? The truth, without being cruel. Save the details, keep it short and sweet (if we can say that).

A relationship is no longer worthy of your attention and love if you have to lose yourself in order to stay in it, or walk on eggshells to keep the other person happy. Authentic relationships are about sharing your ups and downs and your inner happiness with the other person and NOT about trying to "attain" those qualities FROM the relationship..it's about wanting to bring these qualities to the relationship..and the other person is willing to intentionally do the same.

If you feel that you are not fully willing to intentionally share values and standards that include being your best self, with honesty, trust, loyalty, and respect with the person, and VICE VERSA (they need to fully share these same values as you do) if not, then the relationship is not healthy, whether it be friendship or love interest.

As Thalia posted, save the details when ending a relationship instead just say that the relationship is "not just right for you, you're not emotionally ready to committ" and it's no one's fault, and that it's best for you to let go and to heal, to move on, and you wish the person happiness.

Archived