Need suggestions on forgetful husband - birthdays, anniversaries etc.

Okay my turn again to ask for advice. Husband, while loving and kind, is terrible at remembering (my) birthdays and our anniversary - no, I don't care about the presents, but an acknowledgement, a phone call, a picnic, a quickie something would be nice. I don't even care if we changed the day around to accommodate if one of us were traveling, or whatever.

Since I'm the one that has the problem, I'm the one who should do something about it. The thing is, I want something constructive and - if possible - fun and/or loving. I DON'T want to nag or be negative, which will only produce more of the same results!!! ](*,)

Right now the only thing that comes to mind is setting up reminders in his Outlook calendar.

Now I KNOW there is an eNotAloner out there who can (please) propose something creative and original... well?

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

Right now the only thing that comes to mind is setting up reminders in his Outlook calendar.

This isn't a bad idea at all now that you mention it. I'd suggest doing this as one step.

Do you have a calendar around the house that he can look at? Like one stuck on the fridge? Then whenever he goes in there in the month where there is a special occasion he'll see it circled in red, with big bold letters, with hearts and a cake drawn on it, etc.

You can try a free reminder service that will send him an email:

link removed

Yeah, outlook or cell phone reminders are good! But that said, don't take it personal. Some guys including me just don't seem to remember these things at the right time. I'm much better, but I still to this day don't know the exact date of my Dad's b-day. Mental block or something

Good luck!

RB

Yeah, outlook or cell phone reminders are good! But that said, don't take it personal. Some guys including me just don't seem to remember these things at the right time. I'm much better, but I still to this day don't know the exact date of my Dad's b-day. Mental block or something

Good luck!

RB

No, I know it's not personal... he's just like that... part of the package I agreed to when I married him

That's why I'm looking for something else to nag him, not me

Thank you all for your responses!!!

Archived