He called me...

olena

Hi all,

He just called me whilst I was out shopping...The number was withheld so I picked up the call.He was at the airport as he was on his way back from his 10 day trip back home...

As soon as I realised that it was him, I asked what he wanted...and he said that he wanted to see how I am doing. I said that I was fine and ask if there is anything else he wanted...He asked me why I was abrupt and I said, that there is nothing more to say to him and wished him a safe trip back to the UK...and ended the call...

It the first time that I act like a b***tch towards him in all these years that I have known him...and I have mixed emotions...On one hand, I am proud of my self for not getting into an in depth conversation with him, and showing once again how much I care...On the other hand, I so much hope that it was a slap on his face, and that he will get my loud and clear message up your mind or leave me alone to get on with my life...

And then, I am feeling guilty because I must have upset him and put him off trying to contact me again...

But I suppose, it comes down to how important it is to him not to lose me after all....if it is half as important as he says, he will call again, until I feel like talking to him in a more civilised manner....or until he can prove with actions what ever comes out of his mouth...

Highly recommended to everyone who got dumped....It feels like a reward to your self, when you have been through misery of NC for a few days and then they call to get re-assurance...

Olena

i'm glad you were reassured... But what he did was not a loving gesture. You were dumped, yes? And he's calling to ask how you're doing? That sounds like an ego boost to me. He wants to hear how much you're hurting. He knows what's happening, here - he didn't need to hear it. He WANTED to hear it. I wouldn't answer this man's calls ever again.

Hey there,

No I did not get dumped in that sense...but asked for a break as he wants time to figure out his life. According to him, he loves me does not want to lose me, and knows that in the future he would like to marry me...but after 6 1/2 years in a relationship with him, I was hoping that things would be a bit more clear for him and that he would be able to separate 'us' from what ever other problems he has in his life...

He is not the type to call me for re-assurance...I believe that his call was genuine, as I know him very well...but it's just not enough for me at the moment..If he does not want to lose me, then he needs to do more...

Olena

Yeah, I don't think he was looking for an ego boost exactly. I think he was just trying to get a feel of things. Like see if you still wanted him.

But I'm glad that you didn't fool around on the phone with him. Don't feel guilty about that! You were with him for six years, that's plenty of time to figure out what he wanted in life. It's not fair for him to expect you to keep waiting around for him.

Archived