I found out my father had/having an affair, what do i do!

rob_dude

I was sitting at home the other night when the phone rang. I answered it and it seemed to be a prank caller. I hung up the phone, but after the second call i decided to *69 them and tell them off. The person on the other line was acting crazy, screaming nonsense. Finally i was able to talk to her daughter who informed me that my father had been sleeping with her mother. Needless to say I did not believe her, but after talking to her for a while she started bringing up names of other people who she says my dad slept with, and were friends with. Names which are not common, my Parents are Ethnic (Polish). To make a long story short, I kinda Believe her. I am 27 and my sister, Who knows the whole story, is 26. What do i Do? I am not naive and I see no reason for this person to make this up. I have run through every Conspiracy Theory I can. Apparently this woman is not taking their break up very well and the new girl who my dad (is/was) sleeping with is rubbing it in her face, WHAT DO I DO!

OMG! My friend was in the same situation. Only, the whole affair was caught on tape. He was devasted when he saw his own father mess around with another chick.

What happened to him was that his mom found the tape and watched it. Their family went through major drama, but eventually both parents split and his mom remarried.

What you should do is confront your father. If he acts all defensive, then I say tell him upfront that you will tell your mother. I know that the truth hurts, but your mother deserves to be happy.

I'm only telling you based on my friend's experience. He's okay now, his dad tries to work out a relationship with him, but it's all bitter resentment.

I'm sorry, but I hope that evyerthing will be somewhat better...

I agree, you have to tell him that you know and give him the chance to tell you mother about it. If he says he won't, then tell him that you will. Your mothere deserves to know the truth especially if there are many other women. Once she knows then it's up to her and your father to sort out between them, having said that she is really going to need your support at that time.

T

So i confronted my dad yesterday... he denied the whole thing. I gave him the options of: a telling my mother that we had the conversation; Telling her everything ( asuming it is true), or not do anything and my sister and I will confront my mother together next week. I hope he makes the right decision. This is tearing me apart, so i decided to call the number and actually talk to the person's daughter in person. I meet with her tonight. I don't know what to do or say, or even act. Basically i want her to tell me everything she knows so i can get a better opinion of the whole thing. Wish me luck. Any advice on what i should look for or if i should even meet with this person.