male menopause

Have any of you experienced male menopause? I know it's called something different but I've been told that men go through changes just like women do when they hit a certain age. If you have been through it or know someone who has, what were your symptoms? How did you feel? How old were you when it happened? How long did it last? Did anything help? Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated. Thanks!

Manopause, andropause, or whatever you call it, you go through changes that are natural. It ain't a disease any more than a young man's chronic erections and a need to install loud car stereos.

You reach a point where arthritis, slower healing and a distaste for popular culture take over. The diapers are just a bonus.

Andropause - thanks for correcting me Raphael. I knew it had a different name but wasn't sure what it was. The artical was very helpful. THanks!

I think it is interesting to note that society in general does not recognize andropause as much as it does the female menopause although men can go through significant changes also. Most people will acknowledge that women go through physical changes as they age that can be accompanied by irritability and depression along with other side effects but it is not so common to hear men admit that they go through similar changes.

In that regard it's similar to prostate cancer, a major killer with a fraction of the attention breast cancer receives. I suspect women live longer because they seek treatment earlier for an ailment.

I'm at an age where I discuss these matters with my contemporaries, and at around 50, biology definitely changes for better and for worse. Some men deny this phase and simply sink into depression. I suspect these are the fellows who cling desperately to youth in ways that appear comical to younger folks.

I may be one of these fellows, since I just returned from a moto dealership after looking at even faster and more powerful crotch rockets than the one I ride. The symbolism seems comical, doesn't it?

I'm glad I have mentors for this stuff.

• 1 year later...

I was having this Andropause condition since I hit the age of 52. I noticed my desire for sex had greatly diminished and I was alarmed. I had many of the outward signs of the condition but was not aware of it, until I met a herbalist friend.

He introduced me to a herb called Eurycoma Longifolia Jack also know as Tongkat Ali and also by the name Pasak Bumi. I was at first skeptical but after he showed me the literature and his consumption of it, I believed and trusted him. I consumed this extract for several days and miraculously I began to notice that I had regained my 'youth' again. In short the herbal substance was also an aphrosisiac. He strongly advised me against homonal replacement theraphy (HRT) as it has many side effects.

Becareful there are many web sites which offer the same product but they have hidden substances which is detrimental to your health. It is safest to have a knowledgeable person to guide you on the intake of such potent herbs.

Archived