Have you ever got a number by talking to someone in a random location?

hammer81

i.e. train, bus-stop, supermarket etc?

Just curious, because I know a few guys who are real good at this. It takes confidence and charm though - something I don't have in abundance.

Equally, I'd be interested to hear from girls who've been swept off their feet in similar circumstances.

Yeah. I personally, though I find it bit flattering, don't respond to it. I just cant get that into a random guy off the street (I tend to like guys after I've known them for a while). Plus I don't like calling people.

Basically I'm not into it because of my personal issues. I'm sure it has more of an affect on other women.

Plenty of people *ask* for my number in random places- bars particularly.

Once I met a really nice guy who lent me his mobile phone to call a friend when I got locked out of her apartment. He gave me his number and said casually, "Call me, we can hang out sometime". I never did, because I wasn't in that kind of place at the time, but I was very flattered.

I've done it a few times (got phone numbers from random meetings), I chat to strangers all the time (well, when I'm in a friendly mood that is). You can usually tell pretty quickly if they want to talk or not. I have been shot down in the phone number asking department though. Just 'cause they talk or flirt with you doesn't mean they want to go out with you.

I got a thick skin so it really doesn't bother me getting shot down.

Actually random places (as Raphael is describing) is better to meet women and get numbers etc. They are not "on guard" as they would be at nightclubs etc. Plus there is no competition like you would get at clubs etc.

Often at random places there is some things you can use to start the conversation (the weather, the surrondings, the produce - whatever) where as at nightclubs it is more limited and you may have to resort to using a "line" or something.

Archived