NC.... Why not?

here are my reasons for doing strict NC.... I know its been 5 months now... I was OK before... Only after sometime when she broke (reasonable enough) my NC, that I went back into this emotional rollercoaster... though I don't want to have her back anymore (not sure though, if ever the day comes she wants to come back..LOL)...I am back again into thinking about her, actually how I hate her now...

It is because it seemed to me that I wasted 2.5 years keeping myself confined and stagnant when I could have had my career boost 2.5 years ago. I did not want to explore other opportunities for me and my future because I was hesitant to be far from her... I didn't want her to feel sad... I didn't want to feel sad as well...

That is why I am now in strict NC... Coz I don't want to hear her say anything anymore... her voice or any form of information or contact from her will just remind me of how much I wasted 2.5 years of my life...

And I don't want to hear any of this anymore... see this link...

Why would you want to be in NC? Why not?

I think it might be more about you now you are annoyed because you put your life on hold for her thinking she'd be worth it. However it didn't work out that way. But you chose not to be away from her you had free will and you chose. How about stop blaming the past - you thought it was the right decision, let it go, pick yourself up brush yourself off and do all the things you couldn't do before and move onwards and upwards. Easier said than done and i hope that didn't sound too harsh. I'd continue NC from what you said until you know it won't be such a rollercoaster.

Devast, I know exactly how you feel. I'm in the very raw stages of the NC and it's ripping me apart but it's something I have to do. I just said goodbye to him last night. I was with my xBF for 6 1/2 years, he is my best friend but I just can't do the contact thing. I know if I do then I won't heal. Last night was the first night I didn't hear him say "good night, I love you" and it was the hardest night of my life so far. I know in time it will get better and even quicker if there's NC.

You're doing the right thing with the NC, it takes a very strong person to do it.

Like Sweatheart607 said, it's easier said than done but you need to move forward and do the things you've been wanting to do.

I'm new to enotalone and hoping this really helps me get through the tough times and help anyone that I can get through them too. Keep your chin up, tomorrow is a new day.

Every relationship needs NC following the breakup. The length of the NC usually depends on the specific relationship and the dynamics of the breakup.

Even in my situation, a mutual, mature breakup after 7 years together, we needed NC for at least a month before we could start talking again. Now we are very good friends, which is the main reason we ended up parting ways - we were much more friends than anything more than that. However, NC helped us make that transition. We're still not fully there yet, emotions do rear their ugly head at times, but I feel NC helped us each think and fight through the most painful parts of the breakup for each of us.

I appluad you Clarity for remaining very good friends with your ex. My situation is very similar but I just know I can't have contact and I don't know if I ever will. When he finds someone to share the rest of his life with and I find out, I'll always wonder why he couldn't love me like that.

I agree to all of you... I hope NC would make me just believe that 2004 until February 2007, I didn't exist....

I guess one day if someone asks me about those dates.... I will not say anything as if I did not existed on those dates...

Yes... I am trying my best to look and move forward... Just thinking now of what business or franchise I can afford to start a new beginning...

And I hope I wouldn't allow someone to make me pause even for a second...I am not saying I am not going to entertain woman in my life anymore... I just wouldn't allow them to waste my days, weeks, months or years without me in existence.

If they can't support me with my mission/vision... I'd rather be left alone...

this what my NC is all about now.... "I need my time... I need to exist back in time"...

Archived