choose subjects you enjoy - if you arent enjoying (even a little bit) what you are learning, you wont really get far. Sadly, highschool involves many mandatory subjects ie math and english that many people dont do well in. In Australia, the high school cirriculum is very much directed towards the 'smart' people, ratherthan those who just want to pass, and this is probably tghe same in many countries - unless steps have been taken to specifically turn this around

A good method that I use when trying to understand the concepts in my textbooks and lectures at Uni is to make annotations or notes beside every bit of important info I read or hear. I try to put it into language that makes it understandable to me. If I really dont get it I put a question mark and ask my tutor. Understanding, as well as listening and attending, is very important. Do your absolute best to understand, and if you dont, ASK - there is nothing wrong with getting some help.

good luck

Wow... That's an EXTREMELY tough one. I have never been good in school either. My GPA in high school was so low that I don't even know what it is! I was too embarrassed to look! But it was low enough to keep me out of the college I wanted.

Anyway, the key to doing well in school really lies within you. It all depends on what the real problem is. For me it's a lack of self-motivation. I need something exterior and tangible compelling me to succeed, like some sort of reward. Just telling me, "well you'll get good grades... That's a reward," doesn't work! Or it needs to be something that I REALLY enjoy, like teaching. I also struggle a little bit with organization.

How did I solve these problems? Well as far as the organization goes, I sort of developed an obsession with office supplies. File folders, pens, binders, notebooks... I have become the organization queen. I'm sad to say that the lack of self-motivation has been harder to deal with. I'm very much the type of person who likes to learn lessons the hard way. I take the path of most resistance. After high school, I tried to work, but just wasn't ready; I tried to get into college for the winter term but was rejected; I sat around being lazy for a while; I enrolled in some "fluff" classes at the community college; I dropped those classes a week and a half in to move to Pittsburgh; I ran out of money and couldn't find a job; I came back home; I tried to find a job... As you can see, I have taken the long way around to finally realize that if I want to reach my life goals (becoming a teacher, getting married, enjoying my life) I have to buckle down, do some serious college stuff, and get started in the right direction. My dreams are my exterior motivation. But it took me quite a while to get there.

Like I said, the key to your problem is in you. Find out what you need; do everything you can to reach your goals. In fact, a really good thing to do would be to write out very specific goals for yourself this year. What do you want your GPA to look like? What sort of balance do you want in your life? What do you want to do to improve your grades (i.e. take better notes, do homework before socializing, study groups, etc.)? It sounds corny, but it REALLY works!

Hey!

You're already half way there to getting better grades!! Ahhh --good for you! Realizing and coming out for help is great!!! Kudos!

Anyways- You're in highschool right? I think it said 15 on your age. But you could correct me if I'm wrong. I know with highschool you don't much leeway in the classes you want to take besides your electives. And of course, if you're heading towards the sciences or the arts. Well thats how it is from where i'm from....

That's the sh*tty part. Oh well. The thing is in highschool---i managed quite well...by taking sweet notes during class and doing my readings at home. And i mean REALLY review your material. Read it over and over again if you have time. With my notes from class, i'll add my own at home. That's one way of doing it.

Anyhow....I don't really think i need to say more b/c i think you realize that you want to improve..and it really just takes that self-initiation ...and now tha tyou realize it, you'll put in that effort to study more, make more notes, review review review. Another good tip, become good friends with your profs...and when you dont understand ASK. I use to ask a hell of a lot of stupid stuff in class---after awhile i realized all those questoins i asked wasn't a matter of me being stupid b/c i never understood a bunch of stuff...it was me wanting and having the eager to learn...and you know your teachers see that in you...and sometimes that might just give you an A if you were a percent away....

Ack! i'm goign to stop gabbing! You'll be fine!

Let me put it in terms that a post pubesent teen can understand.

Women view money as a BIG turn on.

Men want women.

Men without a highschool diploma will almost never make alot of money espescially now-a-days the way the job market is moving.

Men with a college degree in the correct field will make ALOT of money and have power.

Women also view power as a turn on.

so to put it in a math formula:

college degree+high paying job=money+power=WOMEN

so if you want to be a loser drop out who doesn't show enough effort to get through high school then you will get women that settle for this.

if you want a chance to get more women, then crack open a book ever now and then and DON'T be afraid to be smart or learn something!

even though the culture in america views intelligence as a character flaw.

If that is what is holding you back, keep in mind that most people that you go to school with that make fun of people who are intelligent AREN'T.

They will more than likely become burn outs.

If laziness and the fact that you don't give a damn is the reason you don't do good, then remember my math equation:

Good grades=Good job=Good lays

still don't give a damn?

Yes, I do have some advice and this helped my son go from a "C" level student to an "A" level student. I used this technique in college and it kept my name on the deans list for 4 years.

It is all in how you look at it or approach it. If you look at it as something that is a pain, then you will find ways to avoid homework, listening and test taking.

My adivce is: Make it a game, become good at it and play to win.

You win the game by being the best in the class. You are in competition with everyone else in the class to perform better than them. Look for ways to get the highest score.

Your mantra is an "A" stands for Acceptable and nothing else counts.

In order to do this you have to get organized. It is the only way to succeed. Get a day timer or a pad and keep track of daily homework assignment and when they are due, when tests are and mark aside time for study for them. Figure out how your teachers grade and keep track of the points you make on tests, quizes, homework and papers. Make sure that they do not make mistakes.

Good gaming mate..

~AzurePhoenix

yeah i agree that women that only want you for your money is a bad thing but remember, who says you can't use them for what they have. That's one of the joys of having money, woman try to use you and you can always turn around and use them . This is besides the personal satisfaction you'll get from looking back and saying, "I did it". I got my education and I did it. Which is almost as good of a feeling as nailing gold diggers.

P.S. I think it's funny that all the men agree with me and say, "hell yeah" and all the women think that it's wrong to use the women that are actually trying to use men!