Ask For Advice

Thread: Can you get herpes even if hes not broke out??

MichellePerry69

Can you get herpes even if hes not broke out??

i have been having sex with this guys for about 2 weeks. He told me that he has herpes but it can only be spread if hes broke out. Is this true????? He doesnt act like its a big deal but to be honest im a little worried. What are signs that i might hve contracted it???? Please give advise Thank you

routerx

stop

Thank goodness you posted!!!!

I quote from link removed

"Herpes is most often spread from active sores. But you don't have to have a sore to give the virus to another person."

You need to go get tested now.

"While genital herpes is bothersome and may cause emotional distress, it usually does not cause serious health problems in healthy adults."

Regardless, it causes sores during initial outbreak and cause a lifetime of outbreaks depending on the strain of virus.

These angry remarks are based upon the fact that your boyfriend is being quite selfish. There is nothing wrong with catching herpes by mistake, but HE KNOWS HE HAS THEM, he should NOT be having casual sex.

It's true it's easier to catch when it's not dormant, but sometimes people can be wrong about this. I can't believe this guy!!

For more info go to link removed

Unless you plan to marry him, do NOT have sex with him.

Imagine having herpes yourself if you catch it. How would it feel to then have to explain to future boyfriends that you have herpes ESPECIALLY when you could have avoided it.

The Morrigan
    It's a much bigger risk for women as well, since it often necessitates a c-section for childbirth to avoid infection of the baby during delivery. Just because he has no VISIBLE outbreak doesn't mean the virus isn't active, it's a much lower risk, but any appreciable risk is too much. I don't know if he has a false sense of security from being misinformed or being on medication from it - but he needs to really understand the facts if he doesn't, and so do you. It requires extra care on both your parts, so get as much information as you can.

benchwarmer
    At least he told you that he had herpes. That's a lot to ask of a horny guy. He was trying to sell you a little bit, and maybe too much; I don't know. But he was honest. I dated someone who had herpes. I was a little nervous about it. But people are more important than herpes; so if he's cool, don't give him grief. I believe there are medications now that can lower the risk of transmission. Look into that and practice safe sex, in all measures.

We all get a little dirty in life; it adds character.

Painfullyshy23
    YES and its something you don't want I read alot

Top Threads
Religious organisation knocking on my door
Apologies if this is the wrong thread, I wasn't sure where to place this. I'm in the UK and for quite a while I've had people from a religious
Boyfriend is using again, Please HELP!
Hi Guys so a quick intro to my situation, I have been seeing my boyfriend for some time now and I was aware that he is a recovering addict from
Hernia
I had one doctor feel a hernia, the 2nd didn't. I go for a surgery consult Wednesday. The problem is I'm too jumpy and sensitive for them to get a
Tremendous Anxiety and sadness in the noon period everyday.
Hello guys, I've been feeling awful with anxiety over the past month or so. It especially peaks around 1:30-2 in the noon and goes on tilll 5-6 in
Overdose..opinions?
I was told that yesterday my ex overdosed in heroin. Apparently him, his cousin, and someone else sent with him to Indy and did stuff in the vehicle
Featured Threads
Whatever Happened to.....
Hey there, Does anyone know whatever happened to ENA old timers Brownstone, TiredTiger, SuperDave, mhowe, John Galt, Shane Falco, etc? I'd be
I Need Urgent Help With This, Please!!!
Sorry this is long, just want to explain the whole thing. I've been dating a guy for about 3 weeks. The first two weeks we hung out as "friends"
Being a "little man"
So I've been carrying this chip on my shoulder that has been a hindrance to my self confidence that I wanna get rid of. I'm 5'6, with hands and feet
So we broke up, but while I was breaking up with him his phone rang...
So I broke up with this guy who I thought was absolutely wonderful and trying to support as he was going through so much, divorce, business
No contact rule to get ex back.
So ive used the no contact rule to get my ex of 2 years back one other time after we had a short break. Our relationship only allowed us to see each
Am I being too harsh or a push over?
First post so here goes feel like I don't have anyone to turn to about this. Been in a relationship for about 6 years now all has been great for
You find love when you stop looking ??
I don't know how many times I've heard this expression. What do the people of ENA think of this statement? I get pretty annoyed when somebody
Ask For Advice