Times of Sorrow - Memories of Melancholy

eterna2

Times of Sorrow - Memories of Melancholy

Grains of sands, white, gray and black... each and every grain of sand has to fall through this narrow tunnel into the unknown... some are spent, worthless, useless... some picked up themselves and glow brightly, illuminating the strange new world they found themselves in...

The hooded stranger thoughtfully stroked the shimmering hourglass he held within his slender fingers. Sandman? The man laughed lightly at the thought and rose as he walks away, fading into the horizon, towards fiery ball of fire that will soon leave the world behind. Darkness beckons ...

A gently breeze picked up and twirled around the slender stranger as he glided along the weathered ground, following the setting sun. The bright light that had brought a strange emotion that had brighten his life for several fleeting moments. Strange ... The man of melancholy chased after the sun, hoping to grasp, to hold onto the fleeing emotions.

The grains of sands continued falling ... Some glimmered and faded away, while a few blazed and thrived ... the world continued as it had done for millieniums ...

A few stray strands of pale silvery hair fluttered in the breeze as the slender stranger flew after his desires... his hope... his sorrows... he keened when finally he fell, for all energy, all hopes had fled from his mortal shell... PLEAAASSSEEE

Sun Chase

I asked the sun to stop for me,

But alas the sun had heard me not,

I ran behind, and cried and begged,

At last, I stopped, for I needed to rest.

The sun to go, to fade, to set,

Heedless to my cries, I feel so sad.

At last the sun to go, to part,

With me, the sun to leave a cut.

I sat alone throughout the night,

No moon, nor stars, a world not bright.

But still I waited, a hope forlorn,

The Sun will rise, but our love is gone.

He stopped and dropped onto the cold hard ground, a barren place where the soil had cracked under the harsh fury of the blazing sun. It brought life, it brought death. There is no good, nor evil, it just is. Nature ...

"Where are you my moon?"

"Where are you my stars?"

The sorrow-broken man railed at the empty night sky. A night devoid of lights, devoid of love. Only despairs, only melancholy... only memories best forgotten... the man finally collapsed and wept ...

Alone I wept

The sky is night, so gray so dark

The moon alone, with stars around.

My heart is scarred, to fall apart

dashed to bits, against the ground.

The stars around, and yet apart

The moon alone, no love is found.

So near, so far, the stars they seemed.

And still the moon alone I wept.

Then, then, a tiny form jumped onto him and gave him a hug. "Oh dun be sad! See, sis aren't crying anymore. It so beautiful down here, so quiet, so peaceful!", little Sara planted a wet kiss on Melancholy's tear-stained face.

A slender girl reached for the glowing hourglass in the stranger's hand. "Cara?", he whispered. The girl smiled, and points at the shimmering object.

The hourglass was empty.

It's time ... The man rose and walked towards the horizon ... to the sun that had set? or maybe not ... Come. Come. Come. the breeze filled the barren land with the echoes of his voice. The two girls brightened and followed behind the strange man...

They never looked back.

• 2 months later...