Hypocrisy a Hypercriticism

anona

Okay, so I am attempting to tell a story that has taken place over the past year very quickly, so I'll keep this quick. Last year, I went to a different school than the one I had been attending since kindergarten. While I was gone, one of my best friends Alyssa started dating the new boy Kai. They rarely ever spoke in person and texted a lot. I disliked the school I was going to, so for my eight grade year I went back to my original school. A couple of days into the new school year, Alyssa broke up with Kai because they never talked. Kai and I had become friends and started liking each other by October. I know, it was a bad move. My friends, Audrey, Alyssa, Brenna, and Andrew all hated me because Kai asked me out and I considered saying yes. Obviously this was wrong but I didn't end up doing it anyways. My friends said they would despise me and hate me if I ever dated Kai. They wouldn't speak to me and hung out all the time with out inviting me and when I invited them out they would lie and say that they were busy. Kai and I flirted a lot but never anything more after that. Flash forward to now, Kai and I have stopped liking each other, and Audrey who has been friends with him for the majority of the year, is considering dating him. He likes her and she somewhat likes him. Alyssa is very much not okay with this and Audrey is mad that she is upset, I don't understand how that could work considering she was the meanest one to me when I liked Kai at the beginning of the year. Also, ever since Kai and I have stopped liking each other, all he does is talk badly about me to Audrey. I don't understand why she lets him say these horrible things about me. Kai and I were at a pool party together, and he for once was actually nice to me. But when he got home, he texted Audrey some horrible things about me. He told her I was a ass , I followed him around like a lost puppy with cancer, I was so dumb I needed to take a hint and see that he doesn't like me anymore and regrets ever liking me, that I am so flat chested, that I am annoying and I talk too much and that nothing that comes out of my mouth is ever eloquent or important. So basically he on my entire existence... And all Audrey said in my defense was " we obviously don't see alana the same way" how could she let him say this about me and still like him after that? Despite how my friends treated me when Kai and I liked each other, they are usually really good friends. I don't know what to think anymore...

Archived