Do you just give up and let go?

Danb24719

My ex just split up with me after nearly 3 years.

We were fine for a year & a half but then she moved away to university and the first year was ok but the first 3 months of her second year has killed us.

She dumped me pretty out of the blue, although we'd been having little arguments and not speaking much for about a month.

I really want to fight for the relationship but she's told me she's made up her mind and not to contact her as it will upset us both.

I sent 2 messages but have had no response. I'm over the part where I'm really upset but I still want her in my life. Do I just give up ands top trying? Or do you think I should keep trying to contact her (not over the top and obsessive, maybe a message every 4/5 days)

Would appreciate any advice, sorry if the post is a bit long.

Sorry to hear this but agree she said not to contact her, so don't. It will only hurt you or get an angry response, if any.

she's told me she's made up her mind and not to contact her as it will upset us both. I sent 2 messages but have had no response.do you think I should keep trying to contact her

To be honest I think I know it's the right thing to do. It's just hard.

I won't message her, even though I want to.

Do you think it's possible to be friends with someone you were with for that long? As I would still like her in my life. Or would I just be kidding myself? Should I cut her out of my life completely?

Friendship is possible but not until you are over her and quite frankly what usually happens is you won't want to be friends by then..friends with exes is not encouraged as it causes problems with the next gal you're going to be with. Would you want a girlfriend always yakking with her ex? It's better to move on

Archived