So I was just recently dumped by my boyfriend of almost 2 years about a week and a half ago. Our relationship was very complicated, he ruined our trust in the very beginning of our relationship and from there things just got worst. I forgave him for messing up and after that he just kept on messing up and he lost more and more of my trust, because I didn't trust him but I still decided to be with him I became really controlling and clingy because (being immature) I thought that if I could control what he did he would have less chances to mess up, I was wrong. I pretty much allowed myself to become his "ol'reliable" he would constantly break up with me and then I would kiss his **** and convince him to stay and we would work things out and then a week or 2 later break up again. I'm just confused because part of me thinks he really loved me, he got me a ring and he even got my name tattooed on his back and that meant a lot to me, I just feel like he completely took me for granted, without even knowing it. This recent break up is serious, I caught him texting some girl and he said he did it because he was bored and unhappy and he didn't want to be with me so we had a huge argument and a very bad break up. I dropped all of his things at his house yet he still hasn't brought me my things idk why, he has a lot of my clothes, the last time we talked I asked him if he still loved me and he said "idk the answer to that question" and I asked him if he'll ever be able to be happy with me and he said "I'm not saying I couldn't ever be happy with you just not now" and we didn't get to finish our convo he said we could talk later but we still haven't talked. Idk what to think about it all, I just stopped trying to call him completely because it just makes me upset. What should I do? What can I do?

Sounds like my recent situation.

I'll give you the bad first....

The answers are in your story. Dude's a . Plus, he sounds like he's using you. If you allow yourself to be walked on, you will be trampled. (I'm only telling you from experience, not from a third person perspective).

He seems to be keeping you around to stroke his ego, I don't know any woman that would ever allow my behind to say some nonsense like "Uh...I'm not saying we couldn't be together, we just can't be together right now." aka You're not his first option (but don't feel bad, he probably has superficial eyes)

The good...

He's arrogant and feels he has you on a short leash, this leads to him being very nonchalant, and in essence, showing his cards. He'll use your own emotional attachment against you. He's very obvious...to the third person point of view, but even you. No ones intelligence dips in relationships.

I'll leave you with the best advice I've ever gotten from my mother on relationships..."It's only what you allow...that you will have to deal with."

In short, don't allow it. Let him go, and stop housing yourself from someone that will defend what he abandoned.

Good luck.

and once you will overcome the desperation of being in relationship,

if someone is cheating you again and again,you patch up it reflects your neediness

and instead focus on achievements ,make targets and achieve

and befriend those married women and learn from them how they managed their hubby

before experimenting in real life

Archived