me [21/M] ex-girlfriend decided to breakup, but doesn't seem to be over me[20/F]

devilbladz

So I dated this girl for over a year and she was the most amazing girl I've ever been with. It felt like we always clicked and were genuinely happy together. I saw a future with this girl and truly loved her.

One day we got into an argument when I found out my friend had fatal brain cancer and she just got into a fight with her best friend. I wanted to spend time with her, while she just wanted to spend time with her friends. So she was giving me the cold shoulder and ignoring me for the day. I got a little upset and told her to have fun with her friends, because apparently you don't care about me.

She gave me the silent treatment for a couple of days. I apologized and told her I was upset and let my emotions take over and didn't mean it. But she ignored my calls and texts for days. Until she asked for space, I respected her choice and gave her space for 2 weeks.

In the end she said she wanted to breakup for for now and concentrate on herself at this point in time. Saying she forgave me but wasn't serious enough in our relationship and I was too emotionally dependent on her. I resisted and said I could change if there was anything wrong, but this only lead to her getting mad at me saying I was disrespecting her choice and then she started to ignore/avoid me.

A month passed with her avoiding/ignoring me and she removed me from skype. I called her and she picked up saying she was over me and didn't have feelings anymore. Although her tone sounded like she was struggling to say what she did. Saying how she felt anxiety whenever she saw or heard from me, which clearly meant she still had feelings. I asked her for another chance and yet again she said no, she didn't want anything to do with me anymore.

The next day I got a call from her mom asking what happened yesterday; she must have overheard our conversation, as her daughter did get pretty angry. Her mom told me how much stress she was under from full time at university and two jobs. That under times of stress she would shut everyone out of her life friends or family. But never did with me because she cared about me and didn't want to neglect our relationship. That she always told her mom how much she liked me and what an amazing partner I was to her. That during the breakup everytime I tried to talk her out of it she was hurting just as much as I was. In the end she told me that I was hurting her by pushing her to come back. Her mom told me that the night we had our last conversation, she didn't sleep all night because she was so upset. Telling me that her daughter wanted to concentrate on her studies right now and didn't want a relationship until she graduated. Mentioning that if she ever mentions missing me she would talk about what a good boyfriend I was to her and let me know to contact her.

A month passed since this event and I was playing a video game we used to play together. She was playing with one out mutual friends and joined my lobby that was about to start. Our mutual friend told me once she saw my name she went from being happy and cheerful to being depressed and could barely speak, stuttering while making an excuse to leave.

I don't think she's over me because she still has photos, flirty comments and sketches I drew on her social media front page. And has made several other changes to her profile without removing any of them. And the way she reacted when she saw me isn't how you would react if you don't have feelings for that person. If what her mom told me was true that she brokeup and wanted to forget about me so she could concentrate on her studies. Then she still has feelings for me.

I'm going to continue to respect her choice for now and leave her alone. But I still care about her and want to support her when she needs me. What are the chances she will come back? What can I do to let her know I'm still there for her? Maybe send her an Xmas card during the holidays just to let her know I still care?

Archived