coming out....need help

Hazza101

Depends on the family, mine would probably be ok with it, others may make you an outcast. Do your family normally consider how you feel, if so it should be ok. If they tell you what to do like where to work and live, who you can have as a friend you may have difficulties.

If you have a boyfriend that may help put things in perspective, the fact that you are fond of someone shows that you take it seriously and they must too.

Good luck, homophobia's dying out in the UK, I'm sure extinction won't be far off.

My thought is, if they love you before they know, nothing should change, but as we all know in society that's not how it really is. It took me a while to come out to my family that I am bisexual, I started off with my siblings and to my surprise they all took it very well. My mother, being extremely homophobic was less than happy, but realized that I was still her daughter and she loved me no matter what my sexual orientation was. My dad was a little less thrilled, he yelled and screamed that no daughter of his was going to be a "carpet muncher". A few weeks of getting the cold shoulder and standing my ground, my dad finally came around. He said he didn't approve of my choice but loved me no less.

Be proud of who you are. If your family does not accept you for who you are, then find friends and loved ones that will. Hold your head high and do not let anyone tell you to be ashamed of what feels natural to you. Best of luck baby, be strong.

Reply to lemonblizzard: I only live with my mum and she loves gay people so that should be fine but we never talk about how i feel and things like that, never have. She doesnt care where i work or who my friends are as long as i am happy and everything but she likes me to have it all worked out before i go and make any decisions. I have told all of my friends pretty much and the ones that did have problems with it i * * * *ed them off. I need some advice on how to go about telling her...any ideas?

Reply to DoorMouse: I have sent my mother a txt message (yes i know how lame) saying that i thought i was bisexual but all she said ok talk when i get home but like i said to lemonblizzard she didnt talk to me about it...i dont think that my dad would have a problem with it because i have herd from a convo that mum was having that he is/was bi in his teen years...i do not regret or anything like that who i am i am very proud of who i am and that i have had the strength to come out to my friends and stuff but i just need some advice as to how i can come out to mum....help? how did you do it?

Archived