Why do men go after their best friends' girls?

digitaldiva

First off....

The reason that most guys go for there friends is because most men misinterpret friendliness for flirtation.

Is indeed a very negative quote towards not most but all men. So that is why i'm bring this back up. Not one person is alike! Never! So by making this very general quote about one sex is totaly incorrect. I believe that there are men out there like this...but not all men are like this. I believe that one might move towards a friends partner because the friend gives lots of information to the friend. This makes the friend almost feel jelouse at one point. So he is willing to move towards the partner. Its not that he throws your friendship to the floor, its that you have something that he wants. And hearing about that thing 24/7 may lead to this. My advice....don't brag to your friend about things you and your partner do. But hey, i'm just one person, with one opinion. And after all, were not all the same.

Pine

First off....

The reason that most guys go for there friends is because most men misinterpret friendliness for flirtation.

Is indeed a very negative quote towards not most but all men. So that is why i'm bring this back up. Not one person is alike! Never! So by making this very general quote about one sex is totaly incorrect. I believe that there are men out there like this...but not all men are like this. I believe that one might move towards a friends partner because the friend gives lots of information to the friend. This makes the friend almost feel jelouse at one point. So he is willing to move towards the partner. Its not that he throws your friendship to the floor, its that you have something that he wants. And hearing about that thing 24/7 may lead to this. My advice....don't brag to your friend about things you and your partner do. But hey, i'm just one person, with one opinion. And after all, were not all the same.

Pine

Hey Pine,

I did not mean to offend you, and if you read what I wrote i said "MOST"

meaning not all. I will explain how I came up with this statement. When I

was an undergraduate student I took a Relational Communication class,

and read three different case studies. All of the evidence overwhelming

supported the theory that Men often misinturpret friendliness from a

women with flirtation. I would be willing to bet that 99% of the girls on this

site have had a male "friend" try and cross that line. So I apologize if you

are offended by this, but statistics do not lie. Also just so you know I too

am a male, and this does data does not look good for me either, but it is

what it is.

i dont think its a case of men going for their best friends girlfriends deliberately. my fella liked me when i was with his friend,and vice versa and now we've been together happily for over a year..and if my boyfriend had given in to so called 'moral obligations' and decided he wasnt gonna try and get with me then i would never have fallen in love with someone that i consider to be very special,and may have stayed in the same crappy relationship i was in..

yeh of course you dont wanna hurt your friend,what real friend does? but at the end of the day you cant put your life on hold for things like that.i know that sounds really horribl of me,but hey you win some,you lose some..people get over things and you dont wanna rub anything in your friends face but at the same time if they were a real friend they'd give you the chance to be happy??

nature of the beast im afraid,lifes not fair...