tired of thinking of my ex

eskimomo

I feel like all I do, day in day out, is think about my ex. It's exhausting; I need a break. So I was wondering if anyone would like to swap exes with me. This doesn't require you to actually do anything, seeing as most of us are not currently in contact with our exes anyway. All you need to do is read the following short description of my ex, and then spend the next 24 hours obsessing about him. Then in return, you can post a short description of your own beloved ex, and I promise to spend 24 hours obsessing about him/her. Then we can both rest safe in the knowledge that someone out there is still keeping the fires of love burning, while we're having a refreshing break.

My ex: Swedish, 27 years old, about 6'2", red hair, adorable laugh, skinny-ish, nice mouth, quiet, fond of manly pursuits like watching Entourage and playing Xbox games, fluent English, passable German, witty, works as a designer, good at fixing stuff, highly house-trained, great taste in furniture and indie music, reasonable cook, very affectionate, good at snuggling.

Tell me about yours and we can begin our ex-swap. Anyone who wants to join in is welcome.

Haha! This is awesome. I'm on board.

My ex: Italian, 24 years old, about 5' 6", brown hair, large nose (cute, though!), amazing lips, extremely composed, well-organized, fond of cooking and eating, employed in science, great about hand-holding, kissing, great to share a bed with.

I'll take your Swede for awhile

Cool! I was horribly rejected by an Italian man a while back, so I've had practice. I'm going to call yours Ricardo....

God, I miss Ricardo and his large but strangely cute nose. If only he were here to cook pasta for me and hold my hand while explaining important scientific facts.... we were so happy. Especially that time when we were on the roof at his friend Sergio's party, and he kissed me with his amazing lips and told me he couldn't wait to see what our children looked like (I think he meant that in a good way, but I can't be sure). I am going to cry now and stare at his (imaginary) picture.

Anyone else? I'm busy with Ricardo right now, but I'll have some time free tomorrow.

HAHA! you two are hilarous! i'd join, but i'm trying my hardest to think about something *other* than boys, plus, i'm sure i'd just end up writing a long desciption of my ex and how wonderful he is. i think we should start a thread where we just list off all the things we hate about them. like, for instance, mine apparently made a "list" of pros and cons about me before he broke it off, and one of the cons was that i have larger than average size feet (as does he) so he determined our children would have freakishly large feet and thereforeeee he could never marry me. yeah, crazy, right? but i swear he really was a wonderful boyfriend uh, i mean, i'm going to think of something else now.. maybe memorize all the American presidents in chronological order... that should keep my mind off of it...

nope, i asked to see it but he wouldn't let me... it's probalby a good thing now, but when i asked him why we were breaking up when he couldn't say that he wasn't in love with me (a concept that made no sense to me..) this was one of the reasons he cited (among somewhat more valid reasons... ) still, it's weird! at least it's something i can laugh about now!

yes, please do hunt him down, but maybe breed through artificial insemination.. i don't want to think about him with anyone else

I'm also jumping aboard the Swedish train...

"I miss being with somebody tall and being able to wear heels around him. He was such a nice height for that...And the fact that he was quiet was so nice. It seems like everybody just wants to party these days, so I get left behind. Spring break is coming up, and I wish I could spend it with him, snuggling on my couch here, instead of going crazy down in Mexico. Maybe he could help me fix that chair that I smashed right after the breakup...Gosh, what if my next guy can't fix things? I'm so used to my grandpa and my dad having golden hands, I can't even imagine what life would be like if my boyfriend hired help for everything! And I could really use his knowledge of German right now, since my oral exam is tomorrow and I need practice..."

My own ex: 6'0", knew everything there is to know about sports, not a party guy, very warm/caring/attentive, shy at first but crazy once he opens up, spent money freely, would always check up on me when I wasn't having the greatest day, had the most kind, gentle blue eyes ever...and was fond of picking me up, spinning me around, and then tickling me to death...

See, my (well, Purplekangaroo's really, but I'm borrowing him) Italian ex-lover also had blue eyes. I think. Or maybe they were brown. Anyway, his hair was brown, which I know for sure because I am 3 or 4 inches taller than him and would stare down lovingly at the top of his head as we walked along the street holding hands, which he was very good at, or when we were sharing a bed, which he was very good at too. No one will ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever love me like 'Ricardo' loved me, if that was his name, which it probably wasn't. I am destined to die alone and unloved. If only 'Ricardo' were here, he would prevent me dying alone and unloved, or at least he would make me not think about dying alone and unloved for a while because I'd be thinking about more important things like how annoying it is that he always puts his work before me or how I might secretly prefer to go out with someone a bit more spontaneous.

LaBoheme, I think we need more information for yours...

Archived