When words and actions don't say the same thing...

This could definitely be a red flag. If your SO often says "I love you" and then seems to contradict this with his/her actions, this is something that needs to be talked about. Clearly, you're feeling unloved by your partner, or you wouldn't have made a post about this.

I would say go with your instincts. Twice in past relationships I've felt that things just weren't right, and ignored what was happening - blamed myself instead, made excuses for them. Twice I was absolutely right, and had just ended up hurting myself a lot more. Put aside any excuses for this person, and honestly ask yourself if you think what is happening is right, and whether it is something that is going to get better.

Since I broke up with my ex trusting your instincts has become my pet cause, because I ignored them so very very very much, and now i feel like an absolute fool, on top of everything else. So please - go with what you think is right. If that means staying with this person - then stay with them. If it means leaving - leave.

Hmmm..

In my past experience the guy i was with would 'say' alot of things, u know, had feelings for me, cared about me etc BUT he never actually really SHOWED me..EVER!

I just use to make excuses for him coz i was so 'into him' wed been apart of eachothers lives for years so i always thought '' Theres noway hes lyin''..

NOW with the person who's currently in my life, well weve known eachother 4 awhile now (a whole other story) and he is the OPPOSITE.

He has never put a title as such on us, has never really opened OPENED up to how he feels about me or let on too much...BUT

He shows me certain things.

AND is responsive towards me 9 times out of 10

Altho we have no title ud think we were a couple..

Kinda confusing still..