I'm in a long distance thing with a guy... I don't want anything committed at the moment, but maybe in the future it could work with him. We see each other once every few months or so, and he calls several times a week. This has been going on for two years. We've only had sex twice, but he has phone sex sometimes and cums. There is a really strong mutual sexual attraction between us. It took a long time for us to be so sexually open with each other.

It feels like lately he's been seeing me purely as sex object - when I said that to him he said he sees me as a sex 'icon' (???!) He often tells me he always thinks about me when he jerks off.

This is what I want opinions on... can he still be into me for who I am beyond sex, or can having too much sexual attraction for me block him from feeling real love ? I'm starting to get strong attachment to him but I know men can separate sex from emotion - I don't want to get hurt and I definitely don't want to be just someone he wants for sex with no deeper feelings.

what? That's ironic...whenever I've heard of long distance relationships, I always hear about the 'physical limitations' to them, and it sounds like you two have worked past that...

well, do you guys talk about things? Share similar interests? Does he ask you about your life..?