When should I ask her out?

ckman2

Hi everyone,

Have been going on get-togethers / dates for 4 times now and I really like this girl. I'm thinking of asking her out or at least asking her out on an express date (instead of the current implied).

Situation: I am unemployed at the moment, have lots of free time and don't own a car. I have good prospects of being employed but unfortunately I didn't time my entrance into the industry very well. I suspect it will be another 2 months before I get a job - then I plan to buy a car.

Problem: I'm not sure if I should wait to ask her out until I have a job and buy a car (my self-esteem has been hit a bit by not having both) or try for it in the next couple weeks.

I usually take relationships slowly so I could just delay until I get a job - would this send the right message though.

I know this whole thing might sound silly to some - but it is really eating at me - what should I do?

Honestly, I wouldn't casually date a guy for 2 months. I would hope that by then he would know whether or not he wants to be committed to just me.

In my opinion, you should ask her out. If you like her, why waste time? If she's already gone out with you a few times, chances are that she is at least interested.

What do you have to lose by asking her now?