met them

I met up with the ex to say goodbye and it was fine - we chatted and laughed and ithought i would feel bad he kept saying maybe in a year we can be together and he doesnt know why we split - i do and think it was the right thing to do - i feel happy with the decision his ma would always be an issue and i had the balls to do something about it - better to feel bad now then in the future

Thanks to all for your help with this - i am going to be strong i know i am alone but it is for the bestnow

Whoops, good for you, this won't be an easy time but it will be a very worthwhile time for you personally, being on your own is when we can make a choice to do some self work, gain courage, momentum, pride, strength, and our own happiness.. then when we meet someone we are starting out on the right foot, by sharing our own happiness with them instead of expecting them to 'provide" the happiness...

You should be proud of the class you have shown in letting go... the best is ahead of you not behind you...