its been 6 months now since she broke up with me. i am still having a hard time with it. i had a set back last night when i saw her out with some other guy. now i am tore up again! lol i was doing good and then that crap happens! i just need some words of encouragement right now. i miss her soo much sometimes, but i know that we are over. i just miss her. she was my best friend.

You should never have gone into the relationship expecting everything to work out just because it concerned your 'case' reality is that a woman can pack her bags and leave any day. The only thing you can now do is glue the shattered pieces of your heart together and let time heal your injuries, and then pick yourself up from the floor and move on when you are ready. What you don't want to do is to put your life on a hold , get a life of your own and bring back the power of that life back where it belongs, namely in your hands.

I think that "moving away" is very healthy provided that you have faith in yourself that you are not running away from your problems....they will follow you. Many years ago, I became a primary care giver for my father who was disabled by a stroke. For two years, I stayed by his side, worked with physical therapy and "put my life on hold"...I love him and I needed to do that for him and for me...it was the right thing to do at that time. However, I made a deal with myself that if he was able to return to a health status of being able to care for himself, then I needed to leave (for my health). I left many negative things behind ie. bad habits,no goals, guilt and most of all ...for allowing myself to be brought down by my environment, life experiences and the negative energy from the people around me....people who I called friends. I love myself now and (although I am working through a break-up) I am a much better person because I am finding inner strength, perserverance, and new desires/interests. Also, I am opening myself to the possiblity of loving again.

Go Elegant...find yourself, your strength, your capacity to love again and accept that getting hurt is part of the cycle of life...get up and do it again. Surround yourself with positive people who appreciate you, let time and nature heal your soul, and raise your hand as a shield to block the negatives thrown at you...it sounds hippie-dippie but it works. It's called setting boundaries with yourself and with others. Don't build walls...but goals and boundaries...things that you can expand or close in when you need too. Stay true to yourself...you are doing the right thing!

Keep the ENA - ers posted. We need some positive reinforcements.

bestfish

There are a few quotes that I really admire:

"Take stock in what you're worth"

"Life isn't handed to you, you have to to take it"

"If you don't have pride, you don't have anything"

You know what? To counter-offer what has happened, think of it this way: It's 'her' loss since you guys broke up, not yours! If she thinks that you weren't good enough to be around, then refocus that energy into making yourself a better person, because someday that special person will notice you and it will be better than your old relationship would ever have been.

There's millions of decent people in the world... you will find your match. And it starts with letting the old one go.