Hate being shy???

jsudz2430

I do, dammit.

My g/f dumped me and i found out that it was pretty much all b/c of me being shy when I was with her. I tried my best everytime but I guess it wasn't enough. Before I started dating her, I never talked on the phone, hated it cuz I could never think of anything to say. Now, I really don't have a problem with it cuz I worked at it soo much and I'm glad that I dated her b/c it gave me the motivation and "opened my eyes" to the problem if you will. Now, I am at a dilema as to how I'm suppose to "get over" being shy and suck it up, I really don't understand all that much how I was shy around her, but I know that I am a shy person in general, not severely shy that I have no social life, but enough. Are there any tips or suggestions, or jus opinions that may help me out a lil for the next time???

You can't just get over something that is a real part of your personality.

I am in a relationship with a shy person and could never imagine ending it over something that trivial. Maybe she just wasn't the right girl for you. Eventually you will find someone that doesn't mind your shyness.

I was once a shy person, but over the years I got over it,i first faced my fear when i started my first job working at the supermarket when i was 15, and ever since then I learned to tell myself that you can only be shy for 5 seconds, then you either can talk or miss a chance to change, you gotta push yourself to do it, even if it means emarssing yourself a few times, at least you can look back and laugh. My b/f is still shy, sometimes around me he is, but mostly around my mom, we've been together for a while and i still don't think he starts the conversation ever, he'd remain silent the whole time if left alone with her, but she will talk to him and thats the only time he''ll talk back if a question is asked, he is very laid back, + he is from Newfoundland, when he does talk you can't understand cause it comes out WAY to fast and the words don't make sense if you don't know the twang..........lol