I think that there is a point to life. We are all here and all born the same way and we will all die.

If you are ever in doubt or in a mess in life then always think to yourself that its a certainty that someone else is worse off than you. This is no answer to people who are suffering and at the time that you are in pain or feel that life is bad. I realize that life is crap and to some folk , Jesus is not always the answer. Reaching out to other people and asking for help from them is the answer because people as humans do care and its better to share a problem than to lock it up and close down the doors.

We are all living in a cold and harsh place but to go it alone is not the way.

Peace is the way x

We don't have a future, if we don't remember the past, what alot of ppl gave up for us to live in a more free world! We need to honor them for it!

True. Most of those who sacrificed for us to live in a more free world wound up sacrificing their lives, knowing that their lives were at stake.

Those who don't remember and learn from the past are bound to repeat it.

Hiya, yes i agree. Tomorrow morning, i will be taking my daughters into town to make sure that they realise how important it is for us all to just think about our ancestors. They are strong children and we will all walk and lay a wreath for my grand and all of his family who suffered in the past. I think its very important to them to be aware of how people suffered in the past and to be proud of them. As English people, we should teach our children to have respect for their forefathers and mothers.

My childrens father is from Ireland but he will also be joining us as his family also lost family during the great war.

My mother is Irish and she will also be joining us .

x

That's a good idea ^_^ But I think, not just as English people, but as people we should learn about the past.

I agree. I may be against war. But I respect those who have lost their lives in the wars and those who fought/fight the wars. I was never taught this, though. If I may say, your daughters are lucky to have a mother that recognizes the importance of the past and honors her own past.

my great grandfather was 17 when he was sent over to fight in the second world war, he was shot in the face, lived and kept on fighting without knowing he was wounded, he died about a year ago at the age of 84, he always said to me that every one of his brothers and the ones before him that died over there was 1 more reason why i'm living in a world like i am today!