So in 2 days it's my ex's birthday. 8 months after the breakup. I have been over her, and in general, I'd say that I'm feeling angry bout her actions. I DON"T want her back, and we haven't spoken for about 7 months. I'm thinking not to contact her for wishes or whatever. Completely ignore her birthday. The problem is that she txt'ed me on my birthday, to which I didn't reply. So I'm thinking maybe she'll get upset and try to contact me for explanations. I don't want this to happen. I chose to completely shut her off my life and I think I might get very upset and rude to her, in the event of a contact. If I contact her I was thinking a very casual "happy birthday" text message and leave it at that. Any advice ?

Thanks

If you want her completely out of your life, then leave her completely our of your life. Don't contact her even with a thoughtful message. If she does try to contact you, don't answer/don't reply. Simply walk away from all encounters. In the long run, it would be cruel and hurtful to her for you to open the door even a smidge. And spend the effort contacting her if you don't want to?

If you want her completely out of your life, then leave her completely our of your life. Don't contact her even with a thoughtful message. If she does try to contact you, don't answer/don't reply. Simply walk away from all encounters. In the long run, it would be cruel and hurtful to her for you to open the door even a smidge. And spend the effort contacting her if you don't want to?

I agree, you've managed to stay strong so long. Don't give in. She should understand not getting a birthday wish from you. You two have been out of touch for 7 months.

Don't go backwards.

She broke up w/ me, not I so I don't think it would be hurtful for her to receive wishes from me... But she's a very selfish ****( as she proved to me) so I think she could make a fuss about me ignoring her ( it would be a very big wound for her ego)...

If she's a selfish ****, wouldn't you say that she doesn't even deserve a birthday message? The only situation in which you should contact her is if you're completely over things (which you say you are) AND want her in your life as a friend. That definitely doesn't seem to be the case...so just let it be, and let her ego get bruised as a consequence for doing what she did.

If she's a selfish ****, wouldn't you say that she doesn't even deserve a birthday message? The only situation in which you should contact her is if you're completely over things (which you say you are) AND want her in your life as a friend. That definitely doesn't seem to be the case...so just let it be, and let her ego get bruised as a consequence for doing what she did.

You're so right... my hugs and thanks to you....

Well, it was my B-day yesterday and my ex didn't contact me. It was her B-day 2 weeks ago and I didn't contact her, so I think this is retaliation by her. She wants to "be friends", but I won't give her the luxury, as she left me. We have been NC for almost 3 months, but I guess no news is good news. I think it's just best to leave things in the dark when it comes to this.