Should I worry or not?

Hello All,

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Anways, I'm having this minor problem with my boyfriend.

There was this girl before me. We'll call her "A". It was a crush he had but never made into girlfriend/boyfriend stage. Last year, I think about October or November? I found a picture of a girl on a frame on his shelves. I didn't say anything for few weeks. So after few weeks, I mentioned to him and he put the picture away. He said it was a crush he had and never made into gf/bf stage and they only dated for a month and that she found some other guy. ( they both went to the same college). Anyways, I took his word and I didnt worry. I think this year around March or April ? I found pictures of her on his cell phone ( pics were taken 2 or 3 years ago). I didnt talk to him about this or never mentioned it. Anways around the same month or so i was using his computer and i was looking at our old chat conversations and i came accross conversations betweem them two.. Convos were back 1 or 2 yrs ago. and they stopped talking for awhile i guess and then on january of this yaer they talked again. He ask her out for a lunch. Anyways, i didnt check the chatlog ever since that month. I didn't like the idea of course but i didnt say anything to my boyfriend . I was having other problems that i didnt really care about it.

Anways, i think they still talk to each other? I have her SN on my AIM. She signed on few nights ago. I guess i'm being paranoid or jealous or something. Should I worry about this? My bf and i been toghether for an year and 4 month now. We did have our ups n downs in our relationship. Im worried that hes going to leave me for her or someone.

I mean when we were dating ( this was like our 3 or 4 month of dating) he was stil talking to her as if he still liked her? I dont know you guys. Do you think I should worry about this or not?

Or Should I just let this go and forget about it until something werid happens?

Janella

Oh dear.

If he's been talking to her for a while like he still "likes" her whilst you have been together - AND he actually INVITED HER OUT TO LUNCH - I'd say he likes you, but you can bet that if he felt there was a chance to have her back, he'd go right for her.

He still has photos...another bad sign.

He's not over her. Not to say he doesn't like you, but I don't get the feeling you're his first choice. You deserve to be. But you arn't.

Strange how people are always referred to as "A" or "B", never "Y" or "Z". He may well carry a torch for her and yes, I've dated a girl while secretly wishing I was with another one, so I can't tell you that there's nothing to worry about in that way. After dating 3/4 months (in fact your post seems to suggest that it's longer), I'd say you have the right to assume you're exclusive and any pursuing of others is infidelity. I think you have the right to assert the boundaries of friendship with other girls, especially as he had a "past" with her but if he won't agree to your boundaries, you'll need to be prepared to let him go.

Good luck.

I agree with ALS......unless you wish to resort to games. It is hard to say what the true situation is.What I am wondering is if the girl in question knows he is in a relationship with you. If he has acknowledged he is dating you to her..then I wouldn't be so concerned. However if he is hiding you, I'd wonder.

Now if you want to be sneaky and find out...you could always pose as HER or him online and initiate a conversation. I know this is "game playing"....so of course this would be a LAST resort. I would suggest simply talking to him first.

Good Luck

I can't say..as I don;t know him. You spend a lot of time with him. What's your gut feeling? From all the info you have given..it sounds as if he is no longer interested in her. Remember: We all have a past.....and she was a part of his past. He may have liked her a lot at one time...but now he is with you. Don;t make unnecessary waves where there is no just cause. Trust that he is with you because that's where he wants to be.