hi everyone, im going on the 2nd year of my middle school hear in Vermont, and i dont have any friends. and my brother is one grade higher than me and he has many friends. i sometimes go to our reacreatinal field and play basketball, but none of those people are my friends their just there. and ive been really down lately. my brother lets me go with him when he goes out with his friends to the movies, or to his friends house to play playstation, and i have a great time. but in school im just lonely. i had a few friends that i didnt really see after school, and they started to stop hang out with me. so i just play basketball at my lunch time, and its really lonely. and i dont know if i should ask my brother if i can hang out with him and his friends, because i dont want to be there if he doesnt want me there. his friends seem to like me and i like them because we have things in common. but i dont want to be there because my brother feels sorry for me. what should i do?

Hey There,

Hey, growing up is not easy, and many of you all out there can remember such ackward times. May I ask if you belong to any clubs, sports, or thought about joining some sort of activity. Hey, I use to make some pretty good friends from being part of various activities. I was part of the softball league, a bowling team, or join one of the clubs at school. I wanted to meet some different classmates one time and it was one of the hardest things for me to do, but I joined the adventure club. A lot of them were snobs, but I made two good friends from joining them.

I know it's so hard not making friends, but you will, but sometimes it takes you to make the first step. Go look around at your school and check out some of the clubs. You can do it. If I could, you can believe me. There is various church organizations that have youth groups, and these kids are a lot more open when wanting to me new wonderful individuals like yourself. Don't worry, many of them won't make you worship something you don't want to.