Hi guys,

Theres something that has been bothering me, theres this guy at my office job who Ive started talking to recently. While on my lunch break he came and sat next to me and then he started asking me these personal questions, he then said that I look like the type of person who doesnt have friends... then yesterday my cousin came over and asked me what I was doing that night, I said nothing and he said why, dont you have friends?

What the hell!? How do people see this?!?!? Its a big put down that makes me feel awful and depressed! I feel like a looser!

Ive had issues with my friends in the past few weeks and we havent spoken in awhile, I have people I go out with and talk to, but thats it, I dont have 'best' or close friends, I dont see the need... is that wrong?? Ive been happy with it being this way, but now Im having second thoughts, maybe im weird.

I have to admit, the first paragraph of your post made me laugh.

I'm kinda the same way though. Just because you don't have 'best friends' doesn't mean anything. I don't have best friends either. Lots of aquaintances, but thats it. That's all I need. That's all most people need or ever have. The 'best friend' thing kinda ends in highschool, and anyone who brings up needing 'best friends' is probably that age.

You're not weird. you're about as normal as the rest of us. relax and have a great weekend!

Seems a bit of an inapropriate comment to make, remarking how you don't look like the sort of person who has friends. Frankly I'd say it's as bad as going up to someone and saying "you look like a mod edit!" How can someone be able to judge someone they barely know and be so confident with their judgement that they will announce it like that. That's just not cool!

Anyhow on the weird part, I'm weird, I'm one of the weirdest people I know, and you know what I wouldn't have it any other way! I like the fact that there are things I've done that hardly anyone else has.

Sadly I'm also the sort that doesn't have many friends. I get along with a lot of people and have a lot of aquaintances but it's rare that I have anyone whom I'd consider to be a good friend, and even when I do have people like that they tend to abandon me after a while. I still haven't worked out what I'm doing wrong there, maybe it's the socks I wear?