Confused. Friends Reunited strikes again!

About 3 months ago I had contact from a man who I had had an affair with nearly 20 years ago. He is 14 years older than me - I am now 39. He left his wife shortly after i left him for someone more available and has since remarried and had two children. The contact we have had since he contacted me on FR has been frequent text's, phone calls and emails. We have met up twice when things got a little "heavy".

I havent seen him for 5 weeks because of the childrens school holidays and just when i feel like I am strong enough to walk away another text or email arrives which makes me realise that I am not.

Question is. Why cant I just walk away this time and why do I feel like I am in love with someone with whom I doubt there is a future. He has been away and out of contact for 10 days or so and I missed him like hell.

Please help!

p.s. i live with someone but our relationship of 7 years has gone very stale. He watches tv all night while i sleep alone upstairs!

They say you can love someone but not be with them.... still trying to deal with this one myself. I believe it to be true to a certain extent, but on the other hand I believe we spend to much time kicking up a fuss when maybe we should see something to its inevitable natural conclusion. Hope that makes sense

If you are going to spend the next ten years thinking about this guy, then you are better off giving it a go. You say that your current relationship is stale... If you believe it to be over then maybe you should move on, maybe to this old flame?

If that doesnt work out, you can start afresh, knowing that you gave things a go. However, if 'stale' mate (lol) is someone you may regret losing, you should try to work out your issues first.

You may even benefit from ending current relationship, putting feelings for old flame aside and spend some time working out your feelings and getting some clarity. Easier said than done!

You only have one life, you need to do what ya gotta do, mistakes and all!

Thats my two cents worth. Whatever you decide to do, all the best.