Scared Poopless!

Hi well i dont really know how to say it but im inredibly awkard around girls in perosn . ive met peopel on the internet and i talk to them and am myself and i can make jokes and be myself and help them with their problems like i do my guy friends in real life but in person when i see a girl dosnt matter if i like her or not i get terrified and freeze im a big guy (tall) and ive been told am good looking so me being quite makes me seem snobbish but im really down to earth like i worked some wher in the summer and for the first four weeks their everyone just thought i was a snob when really im just super shy i dont know how to over come it and now its getting worse cause their is a girl ive fallen for hard everything about her is beutiful and i hate how i cant talk to her any suggestions on how? shes rather popular and our school is relativly small shes in my grade but only is in one of my classes im not going for the cheerleader im going for the deep conversations cause she is so incredible liek that i know cause shes in my english class but yeah with the dudes i crack all kinds of jokes and get along great but i dont do anythign outside of school hardly cause im nervous afround girls but seeing as how shes popular i know she knows, i know her name so i cant ask her her name to break the ice and she knows my name jsut i never talk to her. she is just getting out of a bad relationship and i really want to comfort her and make her feel better and maybe in time take it farther but i want to be a friend to her first so can someone out their please help me? i know this is a really helpfull community so thank you.

First of all, you are definitely not the only guy who has gone through these feelings. Here's my advice, for what it's worth: be patient with yourself, be forgiving with yourself. What I mean is it takes YEARS to feel comfortable with yourself around all the emotional challenges of being attracted to women, wanting to be comfortable but being afraid you're going to come off looking maybe idiotic, calming yourself enough to feel relaxed when you're around people you want to like you. You're 16, and this is a long journey, so be patient with it. I used to be the same way and I feel a lot more able to be relaxed about it, but even now I still feel that nervousness at times. You'll be OK, other people go through it, and you're going to get better at it. And you're probably already better at it than you give yourself credit for, one or two times at least.

So just think of every girl you feel even a small amount of attraction to as an opportunity to practice a little bit, start with ones you don't feel quite as nervous around.

That's my 2 cents.