Making the First Move

Aueft

Hey everyone-

Here's the story, school just started for me and there are two girls that have interested me. I'm a junior, albeit a young one, and one of these girls is just a Freshman- I have one class with her. The other just came -today- and is a Junior as well, but since her first day was today I don't know anything about her at all- although I have two classes with her (Both of them, however, came from elsewhere and have never been to this school before). I don't really feel that they're "out of my league", appearance-wise, although my reputation may mess this all up- however I digress, with both of these girls, I don't have much of a clue about who they are or how they act or anything, but I'm coming to you guys for tips on how to change that. I assume the same advice can be applied to both of these cases (Although one of them came from another state to go to school here), basically I'm asking how should I "make a move"? I had thought to perhaps walk up and introduce myself or something, perhaps after class, but I'm not sure how forward I should be, or if that in and of itsself might be too forward. I had even contimplated giving them my number in this initial introduction- but again, I'm not even sure that the "introduction" thing is the best of ideas. Sorry to get all complicated and drawn-out, I'm simply asking what is the best way to make my first move.

Thanks everyone.

I'm no expert man, but since they're new and the year's only started, it'd be a good idea to be like "Hi, my name is ______. What's yours?" and then ask her where she's from and go on from there you know? Ask her about herself, but don't as yes/no questions, and then from what she answers you can go on. And do it the sooner the better, cause if you don't someone else will, and well, this is a good opportunity you shouldn't miss. Good luck man.

Basically what you're asking is how to open the conversation and this can get pretty easy once you learn how to do it. Usually I make some kind of comment on or ask about something going on in the environment. It could be about someone else both of you are noticing. I stay away from the introduction because it's too serious and comes off like you're trying to pick them up and this sets off a bad vibe. I always get their number instead or at least trade because I don't want them to have the decision on whether or not to call, I wanna be the one to decide.