Keeping me on a string?

My g/f of 7 months wants a "break" for whatever reasons (not really important, is it?) I have deleted her from my mobile phone and have set it so that her calls would go straight to voicemail. I have also removed and blocked her from MSN.

However, I know her well enough to know that within a few weeks she will leave a message or send an email. My question is how to react to this? Do I just not respond? Isn't that incredibly rude, or does it depend on the content of the message?

Bien. This weekend sit outside the bar on the corner of Carrefour Buci (not the enclosed modern one) - sit there all night and watch the people go by. You'll meet some very interesting folk. Guaranteed. Say hi from me. I love that place, it is very special at times like these.

haha.... Café Buci... I know it well - but at this time of the year populated entirely by American tourists! I'm normally found at Le Fumoir just next to the Louvre.

Well, it is August. The Rivoli was way too posh for me, leather chairs and all Smoke on my friend and try and chill a little. It's a rough ride. Come back here until you are sick of it, then you'll be OK.

Bonsoir ami et comment belle Paris ce soir?

J'ai le meme problem, I empathise, but I don't have answers.

You deleted her contact details? I did that twice (in anger) and found her again in my Skype history, so I left it. The temptation is good for me. Why she wanted a break (or dumped us) is important, even if we can't figure it out right now. Might be something to do with us, might not.

Did you tell her you were going NC? I feel that is important. I didn't and that's now my problem, pride (but too late).

I took all the NC advice I could find and came up with my own graphic. Stick it on the wall, it might help. I have tested it once, when I ran into her with another guy. Probably the hardest thing I didn't expect.

link removed

If she calls, act super cool. Don't answer immediately. Then if you want to hang out, you should not have expectations. Then you will enjoy seeing her with no pressure.

If she calls, act super cool. Don't answer immediately. Then if you want to hang out, you should not have expectations. Then you will enjoy seeing her with no pressure.

Thanks Amazone,

In fact, I have set my phone to send her calls straight to voicemail. I did this for two reasons: 1) To give me time to decide how to respond, and 2) to prevent her calling me "just because" - if she has anything real to say then she can leave it in a message or ask me to call her back.