Online dating: Messages without questions?

bobo85

Not necessarily.

A few months back I was dating this guy that I knew from high school. We talked on the phone and in person. I never asked him much questions, for two reasons. First because it's just not my style.

But second, because I always hear guys complain about how girls only care about what kind of job they have, how much money they make, what kind of car they drive, etc. These (aside from directly asking about income) are things that I would otherwise ask about strictly out of normal conversation-making. But I feel I can't so much as ask him "So, what kind of car do you drive?" without him falsely assuming that I'm digging at what his income is...which I'm not. I'm just interested. It would give us something to talk about, that's all...It also might help to be able to recognize him when I go to meet him somewhere.

Similarly I don't ask guys what line of work they're in anymore for that exact same reason. It seems like almost any thing you ask them, they could somehow twist it into making me out to be some kind of gold digger. So I just don't ask.

Um....and exactly how is it that you interpreted that I was excluding online communications....?

i think you misunderstood the post. I am talking about meeting someone through the net first. Not meeting someone through school or a job and talking to them through AIM.