Helping my gf with personality disorders

I've been dating this girl for a year, now and she is wonderful and amazing. At the beginning of our relationship she told me that she has more than one personality disorders which I do not want to list here because I don't want to embarrased her if she sees this. Anyways, I think we have a healthy relationship, we both do love one another, and care for one another and want what is best. Usually when her disorders get out of control, she says she has a "bad day" and cuts contact with me until they're back under her control. I'm not with her day by day due to colleges and stuff like that. So, I don't know what it's like living with her on a daily bases. However, I am afraid of what I will experience if we do get that far. I do love her, and I want to help her, if she'll let me. I don't know, I've dated girls who were bi-polar, but they never got this serious. My girl means alot to me, and I would do anything to help her, and make sure she is happy most of the time, I just don't know how to go about it.

Well good for you Sean. You sound like a strong person. It's a lot for ANYONE to handle let alone someone who chooses to take it on.

I suggest you talk to her about it openly and honestly. Let her know how you feel about it, and what you're willing to do. Maybe do a bit of research on her disorders so you can better understand them from that perspective.

Good for you dude. You sound like a great catch!

Well good for you Sean. You sound like a strong person. It's a lot for ANYONE to handle let alone someone who chooses to take it on.

I suggest you talk to her about it openly and honestly. Let her know how you feel about it, and what you're willing to do. Maybe do a bit of research on her disorders so you can better understand them from that perspective.

Good for you dude. You sound like a great catch!

The last few days I've been doing nothing but reasearching them. About one or two says that she should have trouble with relationships, or close and personal relationships etc. While things are going at a slow pace, She doesn't seem to have any problem in our relationship. I admit at first we had trouble, but that was because she was scared. All I can say is that this will be intresting.

Yeah, kudos to you for wanting to be with her, and her other "personalites".

It's good you're doing your homework. As Ta ree saw suggested, talk to her openly about her disorder and that you want to be there for her.

How does she deal with her disorder? She use medication? Talk to a thearpist? Maybe you can try and contact a doctor or someone who specializes in this and see if you can get some tips or suggestions on how to be in a relationship and/or communicate with someone who has this particular disorder.

Yeah, kudos to you for wanting to be with her, and her other "personalites".

It's good you're doing your homework. As Ta ree saw suggested, talk to her openly about her disorder and that you want to be there for her.

How does she deal with her disorder? She use medication? Talk to a thearpist? Maybe you can try and contact a doctor or someone who specializes in this and see if you can get some tips or suggestions on how to be in a relationship and/or communicate with someone who has this particular disorder.

I should clairfy something, she doesn't have more than one personality. She has more than one personality disorders. Sorry for the confusion.