Blind dates ...

I'm here watching Seinfeld watching the episode where Elaine and Jerry set up George and Elaine's friend on a blind date together.

It got me to wondering, what have folks experiences been like (good, bad, so so)? Or are you the type of person who refuses to go on one?

Wow, how weird, I was wondering the exact thing today. I've never been on a blind date... I've always met guys in person before going on an official date with them.

I'm really curious about how they're even really set up... I know a lot of my friends' friends so I don't know how they even work out to be "blind."

I've been on lots of blind dates set up by friends and acquaintances. Some went well, some didn't. A general rule of thumb when I'm meeting someone blind-folded is to not have too much expectation - in that way I can still maintain control not feeling disappointed if my date turns out to be someone whom I would normally not date. Nonetheless, I'd still try to have a good time.

Haha. The closest I have come to a blind date is good-intentioned (but not listening to what I say) girl friends who have set me up without my knowing.

Get invited to a party. Mostly good friends. Lo and behold! My friend's hubby walks in with a single friend who has obviously been told I am going to be there. We're the only two single people there. He nods and smiles...ohh, so I have been approved. Those twits set me up on a blind set-up!

He turned out to be a okay. I wasn't happy about the whole 'false' feel of it though. I resisted under the pressure.

urgh, ive been on an aweful blind date before.

Basically when we met we had to rush off to the nearest pharmacy for a pregnancy tester (which I almost had to pay for!)

Throughout the whole meal i was "invisible" as she had a waiter running backwards and forwards passing on messages between her and the chef who she knew.

Later on in the day she had to run off and have her period in the public toilet; only to come out and tell me in detail about it.

Another one... not so much a date but still meeting a girl who I never met before. We decided to take a walk through the local park and we sat down on a bench, only for a group of about 5 guys to come over and beat me up because i dress differently (im a surfer/skater).

.... that was quite embarasing afterwards - with the humiliation of just getting beaten up but also the fact i had a bruise appearing under my eye, lol.