Don't know how to handle this... need quick advice

So I did something really stupid. I applied for this job online over the weekend. I submitted my Resume electronically. I called them yesterday and got a friendly response. But, I discovered today, to my horror, that I submitted the wrong document. I submitted a rough copy of my resume that had some errors and was in need of an update. Now I feel like a total idiot. The copy of submitted had two misspelled words on it and was missing my GPA!!!

Note: I am completely qualified for this job. I meet every one of the qualifications and then some with flying colors. ON the phone she asked me if I was an internal candidate. I told her no, and she said she was looking at my resume and was going to forward it to managemtn to review it.

So now, should I call them and explain the mistake? Should I just resubmit the good copy of my resume? Should I do nothing? Should I kiss this job goodbye?

Someone please tell me what I should do???

If I were you I'd contact them again and admit to my mistake. Some people may think this is a bad idea however, if you admit to your mistake the employer will know that no matter what the consequences you are always willing to own up.

Good luck

The way I see it you have two choices:

1. Let them keep the bad copy, let the manager see it, and then let the manager throw the resume into the trash can.

2. Resubmit the 'better' resume with an explanation.

At least with #2, you have a better chance. For #1, I guarantee you that most employers will stop reading as soon as they hit a misspelled word. To them, it could mean so much:

1. You don't take the time to review your documents before submission (although you did, they don't know!).

2. You don't have very good spelling skills (although this is also not true!).

3. It just totally destroys the overall flow and quality of the resume so much it's not even funny. Believe me, some employers I talk to have said that they totally lose confidence in a candidate as soon as they find simple errors like that.

Fact of the matter is, what you have on that resume is vital for you to get your foot in the door. It does not matter how qualified you are. If you cannot put it down properly on paper then they will not hesitate to move on to the next candidate. Sorry for the rather negative post, but just describing what has happened to me in the past with this stuff!