My first time

i know it must be common

but i am really need of someone to talk to about it

on accident i was using a bottle opener to open a beer, i usually drink with my brother, sometimes on the weekends

i used the wrong blade to open the beer and cut my finger. for some reason it felt soothing to see myslef being cut

buzzed... i then went in to my own room with the same pocket knife and cut my self worse...i dont know what to think of it. i didnt want to cut myself deep enought for suicide...but just enough for it to hurt and scar...in one night i cut myself 6 times...only one of the cuts being somewhat deep

im kind scared...is this just phase? i truly hope so

hi. its good that u've come here for help and advice. It can take courage. Sometimes cutting can be a phase but sometimes it can be alot more. ive been cutting for between 3 and 4 years now. You should avoid cutting again because you can become addicted to the endorphines released by cutting. there are many techniques to stop cutting, many of which can be found on this forum. If you have difficulty you might want to consider counselling. goodluck with woteva you chose to do. let me know how ur gettin on if u want.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i dont think this is a phase, people cut themselves for all different reasons, but its never just something u go through, there must be something in ur life thats making u feel like u want to cut urself, i really think u need to talk to someone about this, i hope everything works out for u.

• 4 weeks later...