Why am I doing this?

I have posted other threads about this situation, but i have another question. I like this guy that I think or thought was interested in me too. This has been going on for about 5 months. I have read all those silly articles on how to tell he likes you and reading body language. But I also read about signs and body language of a woman. It appears as though I've been giving the "I'm not interested signs" and I can't figure out why. I really like this guy and want him to notice me, why would I be sending him negative signals?

Well, if you know you're giving off these signals try doing the opposite. Men are definitely NOT mind readers. Try appearing more approachable; make eye contact and hesitate to look away. Smile at him, see how he responds to you. I get nervous too, but be confident-really, what's the worst thing that could happen?

As to "why" you're giving off these negative signals, probably not really a reason "why". Just human nature to get nervous around someone you like. Those articles are sometimes directed to show us what we may be doing that makes us appear unapporachable-and sometimes they're a bunch of bull